Florida-Central Florida
Options

What caterers include

So i just looked at Levan's website and it seems they don't charge for linens or the table ware. I was really impressed and wanted to book right then and there but I'm wondering if this is actually common. Do you know of other caterers who throw these things in? I just don't want to say $30 pp for food but then when you add in all the things you have to have it jacks the price up to $55 pp.

Re: What caterers include

• Options
    knaasknaas member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    puff n stuff includes everything as well. they have so much choices for table linens..
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    it should all be outlined in the proposal and contract. Some venues have their own linens, so the caterers dont have to provide them. 

I have to pay for mine from Puff N Stuff. 
    Planning Bio! Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 154 Invited
    image 97 Celebrating in Person
    image 57 Celebrating in Spirit
    image 0 In Postal Limbo
    RSVP Date: October 26
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Depending on the package, my caterer includes linens and flatware/ dinnerware/ glassware with the price of the food.  I'm using Magic Occasions out of Longwood.  I found their services to be the best out of the  3 or 4 caterers that I looked at for the price - they even include a professionally custom-designed cake in the package price.  I'm paying about $27 a head for EVERYTHING, including linens, flatware, dinneware, some glassware, a TON of food (seriously - we're talking hand-passed hors d'oeuvres, two entrees, two sides, salad, dinner rolls, water, coffee, iced tea and lemonade) AND the cake!!!  Their food was delicious and they customized their menu choices for me.  For the price and quality, I couldn't find anyone that even came close to what they could offer.  One thing to think about:  if your venue doesn't allow for outside catering, you may be forced to go with whomever they prefer.  

Good luck! 

• Options
    ashbosityashbosity member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It totally depends on the caterer and what package you choose. Most that I looked at included linens, china, etc as long as you are booking a more formal event like a wedding. Levan's has a BBQ menu I was interested in that went from $12pp to $26pp when I wanted china, linens, and more servers. When you're doing consultations and tastings, this should all be laid out. You should ask when you're contacting them for more info too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Let me just say, go with Levan's! Well.. go to a tasting first, but you'll be sold. The food is OUTSTANDING! :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Puff n Stuff and my linens and silverware and plates and glasses (including two preset wine glasses at everyones seat) are included. I am working with Heidi and she is awesome! We were able to get an amazing deal on our food and their food is EXCELLENT!
    I HIGHLY recommend puff n stuff!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I used John Michael's catering and that was all included too.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards