Missouri-Kansas City
Options

Trash The Dress

Well the wedding is over and we had a great time.  After debating for a few weeks we have decided that we want to do a trash the dress session.  Has anyone on here done this? We are trying to come up with a few ideas of where to do them.  Thanks for any suggestions.  After the session we are going to clean the dress up as best we can.  I then think I am going to ask my mother in law to use it to make a baptism gown out of it for our future children. 
April 2012 May Siggy Challenge! Favorite Gift kitchenaid May siggy Anniversary

Re: Trash The Dress

• Options
    Congrats!!  I've seen some pics done at the fountains at Crown Center that were cute...Also in the west bottoms..What are you envisioning the pictures to be like?
  • Options
    edited May 2012
    My photographer has photos on his website of a bride who did them at the fountains.
    JIM POWERS PHOTOGRAPHY (linky)

I've also seen paint fights too, but that would be harder to clean up!
  • Options
    Thanks!!! Our photographer mentioned the west bottoms also.  Crown Center fountains would be a lot of fun too!!! My hubby is also wanting to check in with some ranches around the area to see if we could figure out something a little country themed.  I just want something fun!!! I think we would love to include water.
  • Options
    Peeper Ranch in Lenexa has a pond with a fountain in it but I wouldn't trust being in it. They have snapping turtles that live in it! If you want to check them out for it, talk to Teresa Beers. She is the coordinator that takes care of wedding/non-riding stuff.
  • Options
    kelleyku05kelleyku05 member
    First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Pond idea I've seen a lot as mentioned above.  Also, I've seen a chalk or paint throw....if you want to actually "trash the dress."   
    Inspiration pics:  http://pinterest.com/search/?q=trash+the+dress
  • Options
    Thanks for the suggestions!!! We are wanting to make the dress a bit salvagable.  We are thinking about going to Longview Lake beach and hubby is going to check with some friends to see about using there land to get some counrty pics.  I would love some beach like pics since we did a beach themed wedding.  I think we could hit everything with stone if we could find a place that is in the woods with a creek or something running through it.
  • Options
    If anyone is looking to really go all out with "trash the dress" the Color Run is coming to KC June 30th and July 1st!  :)

www.colorrun.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards