California-Inland Empire
Options

first wedding-renewing vows:)

Just signed up with the knot last week!  This is actually my first post.  Is anyone else getting their vows renewed?  or is everyone a new bride?

My hubby and I never got to have our wedding, and our 20th is coming up on December 24, 2012 so we are going to renew our vows at our first wedding (wow that sounds weird:) ha ha!

Michelle:)

Re: first wedding-renewing vows:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Michelle!

I am already married but still hang around because the girls on this board are super nice. I think we have 1 girl on here who is already married but having her first wedding/vow renewal.

Tell us more about yourself. Wedding colors? Theme?

Welcome to the board!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    that would be me! I am already married and we WERE renewing our vows on our  5th  year annivarsary December 30, 2010, but then I got pregnant so we decided to change it to our regular annivarsary (7th year) March 19 2011... but then I lost the baby after I changed everything... TMI... LOL, so I guess Im sticking to March 19, 2011
    BabyFruit Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic me and my daddy
  • Options
    Thank you so much!  Adorable picture by the way!
    Wow, maybe I can find the other knottie who is doing the same thing (there are so many posts...how do you find anyone?)  lol!

Well, my husband and I got married on 12-24-1992 we had one baby and one on the way so we wanted to at least be married by the time the 2nd one got here.  We drove to a wedding chapel and had the ceremony, just me my hubby and our baby daughter (who was 1)

We always talked about still having our wedding but stuff got in the way, money, more kids and after a while it just got further and further away.

About 2 years ago, my hubby goes "hey, we should have our wedding on our 20th anniversary!" 

So recently our daughter (oldest-18) has decided to marry her bf in 2011 and my hubby asked me again "hey are we still going to do that?  its getting a little closer' so I said YES!

He said since we have the kids and our wedding would be super small we should have it at disneyland with the kids:)  So we are going to do a 3-day disneylad trip and on the 24th, we will all go get dressed up-and get married at disneyland, I think at sunset-and would love to do it in front of the castle all lit up!

I get a gorgeous dress and a new ring!
    I can't decide between black and hot pink (my favorite flowers are stargazer lillies) or black and red-because it is my favorite color and for christmas.
    Michelle:)

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Beautiful dress and ring! I love the black and hot pink idea but I am partial to pink ;)
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    how exciting!
  • Options
    oh desi I am sorry about the baby-but it will happen!  Kids are so awesome-and want to make you tear your hair out at times!  lol!  They keep you laughing because they do and say the weirdest things!:)
    Michelle

my hubby and kids about a year ago (man we need some new group pictures!  lol!
    matt at the top right (red hair) emily next to him (blonde) rachel below her (brunette) and sarah at the bottom:)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hello and welcome =) I am loving all of your details...dress, ring, d-land...who could ask for more!

• Options
    Thanks guys!  I LOVE LOVE LOVE the dress-can't find any bridesmaid dresses I like as well-and my daughters HAVE to look gorgeous in their dresses.  I actually sat down and made a sketch of my dress, then sketched out bridesmaid dresses in red that look just like mine only shorter-and without the extra flower embroidery-they look really cute, maybe I will find a seamstress to do them for me!  (if I can get the pic scanned in I will add it later:)
    Michelle
  • Options
    I LOVE PINK-I actually think red and pink are tied as my favorite colors...maybe I will throw red roses or something in with the lillies and DO BOTH!
    ha ha!:)
    Michelle
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What a cute family!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    beautiful family!
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    Here's a pic of my wompa, he's 3

• Options
    Thank you!  They are really great...my best friends!
  • Options

DESI-he's so cute-is he wearing a tigger towel?

• Options
    emilypeachemilypeach member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hi welcome to the board! everything you have sounds awesome!!  beautiful pics :)

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Options
    Hi emilypeach!  (my 16 year old daughter is named emily:)  Thank you!  I love this site I have been finding it really hard to get anything else done! ha ha
  • Options
    desi2002desi2002 member
    edited December 2011
    yeah its a tigger towel LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards