April 2013 Weddings

Flower Girl

I am having my adorable niece be my flower girl. She is twenty one. I really like this for her hair.
Is there anything wrong with using a flower girl that is older??
I am not having children at my wedding simply beacause I don't really have that many around me. There are only a few in the family so I

thought it would be better to just keep it all adults.

Re: Flower Girl

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited February 2012
    Honestly, I would just make her a bridesmaid if you want her to be in the wedding. I personally wouldn't want to be a flower girl at the age of 21.

ETA: you don't *need* a flower girl. I have 2 cousins that will be 9 and 7 at the time of my wedding and I plan on asking them what they want to be (bridesmaid or flower girl). If they both choose maid, then I will not be having a flower girl.
  • I agree with PP... We are having two flower girls (my nieces who are going to be 2 and 6 when we get married) My nephew is going to be a junior groomsman. He will be 8 years old and I honestly feel that was a little old for a ring bearer. So we are not having a ringbearer.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Wow....Really? Oh gosh. My heart just dropped. 
    I was planning on keeping my bridal party very small.
    I planned on my Maid of Honor, two ushers, The Best Man  flower girl and ringbearer. That's it.  Flower girl at twenty one and my ringbearer is 18. 
    But if you guys think that is all wrong maybe I better rethink it. 
    I know it is not traditional by any means. 
    It is all family except the best man. 
  • Have you already asked them to be FG and RB?
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • i think its just the titles that seem to not match..
    my 7 year old niece told me that by the wedding that she would be 8 and thats too old to be a flower girl lol

you can still keep your bridal party small he can still carry the ring but i dont think that means u have to call him the ring boy etc
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • i think its just the titles that seem to not match..
    my 7 year old niece told me that by the wedding that she would be 8 and thats too old to be a flower girl lol

you can still keep your bridal party small he can still carry the ring but i dont think that means u have to call him the ring boy etc
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b671dc2e-19af-4bc6-9148-8fb16b9db9a3Post:d9ad76ca-9840-4160-be92-23bbb6435cb1">Re: Flower Girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow....Really? Oh gosh. My heart just dropped.  I was planning on keeping my bridal party very small. I planned on my <strong>Maid of Honor, two ushers, The Best Man  flower girl and ringbearer. That's it.</strong>  Flower girl at twenty one and my ringbearer is 18.  But if you guys think that is all wrong maybe I better rethink it.  I know it is not traditional by any means.  It is all family except the best man. 
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

Either way you look at it they will still be standing up with you regardless of what they are called.

We aren't saying it is wrong, but you asked for our opinions. Personally I would not want to be a flower girl at that age. Ask them and see what they prefer.
  • audrewuhaudrewuh member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited February 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b671dc2e-19af-4bc6-9148-8fb16b9db9a3Post:cb059489-289a-4a11-9d85-7fabd0c2a513">Re: Flower Girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Flower Girl : <strong>Either way you look at it they will still be standing up with you regardless of what they are called.</strong> We aren't saying it is wrong, but you asked for our opinions. Personally I would not want to be a flower girl at that age. Ask them and see what they prefer.
    Posted by vk2204[/QUOTE]

<div>I agree 100%. You're still keeping it small. The FG and RB ARE part of the wedding party. You're still honoring your relationship with them, you're just doing it in an age appropriate way. </div>
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_april-2013-weddings_flower-girl?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:820178d7-4f43-4671-bcab-c5c2c01eef1eDiscussion:b671dc2e-19af-4bc6-9148-8fb16b9db9a3Post:d9ad76ca-9840-4160-be92-23bbb6435cb1">Re: Flower Girl</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow....Really? Oh gosh. My heart just dropped. <strong> I was planning on keeping my bridal party very small.</strong> I planned on my Maid of Honor, two ushers, The Best Man  flower girl and ringbearer. That's it.  Flower girl at twenty one and my ringbearer is 18.  But if you guys think that is all wrong maybe I better rethink it.  I know it is not traditional by any means.  It is all family except the best man. 
    Posted by LesaAdams[/QUOTE]

Agree with PPs--You are still keeping your b-party small, just changing the titles of flower girl and ringbearer since they are older in age. I personally have always associated the flower girl and ringbearer with children.
    148 invitedimage | 105 Yes!image | 8 Noimage |33 still ? image
    RSVP Deadline: March 8
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Okay. I guess your right. I wouldn't want to offend them by making them feel like babies. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards