Attire & Accessories Forum

davini vs davids bridal

i have heard that davinci has better quality then davids bridal is this true and has any of you brides ever wore any of there dresses?

Re: davini vs davids bridal

• I wore a DB dress and you get what you pay for. I loved my dress but if you want truly luxurious fabric (like silk) you're not going to find it at DB, given their price points.
  • Loved, loved, LOVED my DB dress! The customer service is hit or miss (mine was a hit) but as far as my satisfaction with my dress- I absolutely loved it and got lots of compliments. I only shopped for one day and found my dress so I can't help you with the comparision shopping. Good luck, though!
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited February 2013
    interesting post...

I started my search at DB, didn't like any of the dresses or their layaway options , plus for what I wanted I was going to big time blow my budget.

Oddly enough, I ended up with a DaVinci dress.  I went to a private salon and was reccomended that brand plus a few others because my budget was $800 total (unless of course I did find a dress that was to die for couldn't live without lol, I was willing to go up to $1200 tops).

My dress retail was $620 (that was last year in February 2012). I have yet to have it altered and incurred that cost.

That being said...I feel like the quality of my dress is pretty good compared to what I paid, but maybe I'm missing something?? lol (i've never tried on a really high end dress...)

I've never heard of this davinici/DB competition thing, then again I do believe that there is a DB dress out this season that looks kind of like the one I bought last year.
    Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • here is a pic of me in mine...it is mostly chiffon, very lightweight...

Christie + Chad ~June 8, 2013~
     CPT & mama to 9 kids, one SIL & a grandbaby girl!
  • I bought my dress online from DB, it was during their $99/dress sale, I got free shipping and I love the dress. So it was only $105 (including tax). I'll probably spend more on alterations to shorten it. DB shipped my dress for free via UPS and I got it within 5 days. I would highly recommend DB. The fabric quality is great, beautiful. The only thing is the dress didnt come with a garmet bag, so I had to search down one in town. DB---good quality dress, low price, good service, fast shipping.

Here's my dress!
    http://www.davidsbridal.com/Product_Burnout-Chiffon-Gown-with-Flower-Detail-WG3358
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards