Ohio-Columbus

Goodale Park Shelterhouse

Has anyone ever used or known anyone that has rented the Goodale Park Shelterhouse?  We are thinking of renting it for the rehearsal dinner but are a little unsure because of the time frame to rent it.  Any information would be helpful!  I think we will contact them soon but thought I would ask everyone first!

Thanks!!

Re: Goodale Park Shelterhouse

• Hi Gina,
    Yes, we used the Goodale Park Shelterhouse for our rehearsal dinner, this past September.  As long as you rent it at least 2 weeks before your event the price is $60-$70 an hour.  It's first come, first serve, so call and reserve early.  It was nice because they arrange the tables and chairs for you anyway you want.  No alcohol (since it's a public park) but you are allowed to bring in your own food.  There's a microwave and a refridgerator in the small kitchen towards the back and also clean restrooms.  The park representative sits in an office in the back the entire time in case you need something.  Plenty of parking, my family loved it.  And it saved us a lot of money, when compared to having the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant in the downtown area; which we originally planned to do.  I definitely recommend. 
  • Thanks so much!! That helps tremendously, and saving money is completely the reason we were looking into renting it! Boo to no alcohol though.  Will have to talk it over - thanks so much MissNika!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-columbus_goodale-park-shelterhouse?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:112Discussion:53a91082-1b54-448b-aea8-953b88e00eedPost:a2fe2dd5-1777-461b-aae4-134cbbf01ecf">Re: Goodale Park Shelterhouse</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi Gina, Yes, we used the Goodale Park Shelterhouse for our rehearsal dinner, this past September.  As long as you rent it at least 2 weeks before your event the price is $60-$70 an hour.  It's first come, first serve, so call and reserve early.  It was nice because they arrange the tables and chairs for you anyway you want.  No alcohol (since it's a public park) but you are allowed to bring in your own food.  There's a microwave and a refridgerator in the small kitchen towards the back and also clean restrooms.  The park representative sits in an office in the back the entire time in case you need something.  Plenty of parking, my family loved it.  And it saved us a lot of money, when compared to having the rehearsal dinner at a restaurant in the downtown area; which we originally planned to do.  I definitely recommend. 
    Posted by MissNika82[/QUOTE]

I am an alcohol provider for all Columbus City Parks venues. You can have alcohol, but you must use a preferred provider.

Nancy Plassman
    DIrector of Catering, Carfagna
  • Oh great! Thanks for posting, Nancy.  So, we would have to use a preferred provider for food AND alcohol if we want alcohol?  For example, if we wanted to bring our own food in, but use your services for alcohol - is that allowed?  In turn, how would that work?  We were hoping to bring our own food and alcohol in to save money, but obviously if this is not allowed, we cannot do that.  I saw that some places allowed you to provide your own alcohol but then you have to have an approved caterer/bartender to serve it.  Any help you may provide would be great!
    Thanks!!
  • We can provide the catering for your event or we can discuss just the alcohol service.

Nancy Plassman
    Carfagna's
    ourcatering@sbcglobal.net
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards