Nevada-Las Vegas
Options

Clubs for after-reception dancing?

Our reception ends relatively early in the evening and we aren't having a DJ.  I'm planning on having all the "young people" go out dancing afterwards.  Any recommendations on clubs that are accomodating to groups?  Or places with reasonable (ha!) bottle service?  There will be at least 16 of us, likely more.  I just don't want to go somewhere and half of our group can't get in because it's too busy or our "guy/girl ratio" is too high.

Re: Clubs for after-reception dancing?

• Options
    We are just having a dinner reception, and are also looking for a place to go afterwards where the young and young at heart can go and dance and drink. I am not a fan of clubs in general, so we're planning on going to Margaritaville in the Flamingo afterwards. They have a dance floor somewhere in their facility.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_clubs-for-after-reception-dancing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:41b1c0c4-aee5-4fa3-bee1-b4ac9fd21fabPost:f03ab4ad-507a-4f99-9369-8595c06afd98">Re:Clubs for afterreception dancing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]We are just having a dinner reception, and are also looking for a place to go afterwards where the young and young at heart can go and dance and drink. I am not a fan of clubs in general, so we're planning on going to Margaritaville in the Flamingo afterwards. They have a dance floor somewhere in their facility.
    Posted by lilly91613[/QUOTE]

The bands that play at Margaritaville can be hit or miss as far as dancing, but they do move the tables out of the way to make a dance floor so some nights it can be really good.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_clubs-for-after-reception-dancing?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:41b1c0c4-aee5-4fa3-bee1-b4ac9fd21fabPost:24532206-7f2d-4e3b-802c-434dce9cbc84">Clubs for after-reception dancing?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Our reception ends relatively early in the evening and we aren't having a DJ.  I'm planning on having all the "young people" go out dancing afterwards.  Any recommendations on clubs that are accomodating to groups?  Or places with reasonable (ha!) bottle service?  There will be at least 16 of us, likely more.  I just don't want to go somewhere and half of our group can't get in because it's too busy or our "guy/girl ratio" is too high.
    Posted by kristinlaw22[/QUOTE]

Where will you be on the strip and what kind of music do you prefer?  And how much are you willing to spend on bottle service?

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Options
    I know this may sound "lame" to some people's standards, but i actually have had a ton of fun on Freemont at Gold Digger's above the Golden Nugget. I like it because it's not "stuffy", they play good music and it won't cost an arm and a leg to get in or drink. I've also noticed that the crows is a bit mixed: some older, some younger.. everything in between. Because there are no lines you don't have to worry about the men/women ratio or getting in. Just a thought. :)
  • Options
    We're not really club people (well, I'm not really anymore- I've had my time LOL). We were considering going to a dueling piano bar (I know there are others but the one we're familiar with is in NY NY). 

I love the idea of Gold Diggers- I've never been but it's always sounded like fun.  If I was going to get FI to agree to a 'club' I think he'd be more likely to have fun someplace in downtown where drinks are cheaper and he doesn't feel so uncomfy :)

I know groupon and the like sometime have deals for bottles and such- maybe keep checking those for something reasonable? 

http://frankenstiensgirl.weebly.com
    Photobucket
    April 2013 Siggy Challenge: Save The Dates
  • Options
    Which hotel are you staying in? Maybe good for you and the guests to be in the same hotel you'll stay in just for logistics.

I'm getting married at MGM grand and like you, I won't have a DJ, so I'm thinking of doing something similar but I don't know the dress codes and prices for MGM grand clubs yet so I can't be of specific assistance. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    We'll be @ the Venetian.  I think that Lavo & Tao will be way too crowded and the lines will be long.  Also, I'm not really a "club" person.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards