Louisiana-New Orleans
Options

Vendor Reviews

ETA: wedding date was 12/18

Flowers: Emile's (westbank) A+- Pamela is the owner of Emile's and she was great to work with. She was the one to sit down with us everytime we came to the shop and we had no problems at all with her. The flowers were beautiful!

invitations and cake topper: Gem Printing (metairie) A+ - our invites were gorgeous and came in on the exact date we were promised. The staff were very friendly and easy to work with. The cake topper was beautiful! We decided to go with the monogram initials and they came out perfect.

limos: Bourbon Street limos (marrero) D- - The actual night was fine. They arrived on time, they were SOMEWHAT clean, and the driver was great. However, we were overcharged by $500 and when we called to sort this out they were EXTREMELY rude and disrespectful. When my husband said he was coming to the office the next morning they told him "don't bring that kind of noise here because we like that kind of noise in marrero". I took that as a threat. We did get our money refunded today but their attitude is the reason I'm giving them a low grade. That is not the kind of stress you need when you're on your honeymoon. I would highly suggest avoiding this company. 

attire: David's Bridal (metairie) B - overall good but gave a couple of bridesmaids some small problems.
Men's wearhouse: C - none of the tuxs fit. Some of the guys (including my husband) couldn't even pick up their tux until the day of the wedding because everyone needed major alterations.

Rings: Zales (oakwood mall location) F - We ordered my husbands ring in more than enough time and were given 3 different promise dates which all came and went with no ring. Our wedding was three days ago and STILL no ring. We understand that things happen sometimes but what makes it worse is that the store manager has had the worst attitude with us. It's not like we are going to the store eveyday raising hell, we are just looking for our ring. Tomorrow is the 4th promise date that we've been given. We'll see what happens although I can pretty much guess....

venue: Southern Oaks Plantation (new orleans) A+++++++ - This was by far the BEST decision we made in our planning process! The service was top notch, the ceremony was gorgeous, and the reception was incredible! Right away guests were telling us how beautiful everything was and how good the food was. My only regret here was not purchasing the extra hour. This is hands down the best venue out there.

officiant: Rev. John Zimmer A++ - He was wonderful! He is very lighthearted and fun. All of the guests were raving about the ceremony! He kept it short and sweet like we asked but still made it very personal and strong. His price is a little steep compaired to others but he is worth every penny.

hotel: The Ritz Carlton A+ - The room was beautiful and they took great care of us. I booked a nail appt. and told the woman at the desk I was getting married. They paid for my nails and took care of our valet for the 3 days we were there. Everyone was very helpful and you couldn't pass someone without them telling you hello. Very friendly!

I have not seen my video yet so I can post a seperate review when that comes back. We used Bride Film and Chris was great to work with.

The photos were done by a friend who has been doing wedding photography for the past 10 years or so, however, our wedding was one of his last because he is moving out of state.

the cake was also done by a family friend who runs his business from home. Both cakes were amazing! I can give his info to anyone who wants it.

Let me know if I forgot anything!!

some MOH love! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Vendor Reviews

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting these!

That SUCKS about your wedding rings.  Would it be worth it to just cancel your order at this point and go somewhere else, since they weren't there on time?

And re: the limos - I would also review them on yelp.com and other pages....especially since they THREATENED you, omg.

BUT - overlooking the lame vendors, sounds like your day was overall great Smile.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Oh yes, overall everything was WONDERFUL!! I wish we could go back and relive all of it!

some MOH love! Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh I forgot to mention that we used Get Polished for hair and makeup. I know there has been some very mixed reviews here about them but I am happy to say they were great. Emails were answered within a day, they were professional, and did great work.

I wasn't able to have a trail run because of money issues (husband got laid off 2 months before the wedding) so I was nervous about that but my hair and makeup came out beautiful.
  • Options
    RflattmannRflattmann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    wow this really helps and sothern oaks is beautiful and my best friend works their as a waitress but unfortunatly my fiance' was engaged and about to get married their so i decided to go against that place lol but i do know how beautiful it is
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG!! I can't believe Zales! :(

I am looking and praying and HOPING for Southern Oaks... tomorrow we go to have the "money talk" with my mom so we'll know for sure what our budget will be, THEN we will know if we can do it at Southern Oaks.  Cross your fingers for us!!! :)

And congrats on getting hitched, after all the planning and stress, yay!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:84Discussion:b47202d2-c212-486d-86d0-cb46551756cbPost:244b97b8-4a02-40f7-a025-27ab26480ef1">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]OMG!! I can't believe Zales! :( I am looking and praying and HOPING for Southern Oaks... tomorrow we go to have the "money talk" with my mom so we'll know for sure what our budget will be, THEN we will know if we can do it at Southern Oaks.  Cross your fingers for us!!! :) And congrats on getting hitched, after all the planning and stress, yay!
    Posted by lovelybeautiful[/QUOTE]

my dad paid for ours and he wasn't crazy about the price but once he was there for the wedding and saw how incredible everything was i know he didn't regret anthing. it really is worth EVERY penny! if she lives near take her there and talk to the staff. we always delt with kyle. he is so nice and informative (i think it's a family business).

i hope everything works out for you! southern oaks really is a dream come true!
  • Options
    phunluvin82phunluvin82 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews...my fiance and I are about to go shopping for wedding bands, so that was really helpful. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Southern Oaks isn't happening.  Mom said to go ahead & make a guest list for 200-300 people, and said that when we had the "money talk," that it would be "more than plenty" for a "nice wedding"...
    Um. yeah. No.
    She is offering $6k plus a dress, which she won't tell me what she's budgeting for a dress because she "doesn't want it to affect my decision"...but wth! If I fall in love with an $1100 dress, you're leaving me open to pure heartbreak because you aren't going to buy it!
    Today I fell IN LOVE with a $799 dress and she acted like I had kicked her dog. I'm dying.

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_louisiana-new-orleans_vendor-reviews-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:84Discussion:b47202d2-c212-486d-86d0-cb46551756cbPost:0535caf5-553b-4dbf-9894-cc145ba323c3">Re: Vendor Reviews</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Vendor Reviews : my dad paid for ours and he wasn't crazy about the price but once he was there for the wedding and saw how incredible everything was i know he didn't regret anthing. it really is worth EVERY penny! if she lives near take her there and talk to the staff. we always delt with kyle. he is so nice and informative (i think it's a family business). i hope everything works out for you! southern oaks really is a dream come true!
    Posted by kayboo1218[/QUOTE]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the reviews - they are SO helpful!  Do you have contact info for your florist?  I'd really appreciate it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    lovelybeautiful- i'm really sorry about the money. i didn't do a lot of looking since i pretty much knew what i wanted but i don't think 6k is a lot for a 200-300 guest wedding. i don't know your mom and how likely she is to change her mind but maybe if you showed her more rates from other venues for that size wedding she would see that times are different and prices have gone WAY up since our parents got married =/

chzhead-  her number is 504-391-1115 and they are located at 429 Wall Blvd. #1A in Gretna (in a little shopping strip behind Walgreens at the intersection of Wall and Laplaco)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards