Second Weddings
Options

HOORAY! I've found a place to be!

Recently engaged and just started planning.. I've got 13 months to go, and I've already done this once before, so it shouldn't be a problem to get it done.  BUT, I'm still excited and hoping to chat a bit about my (hopefully last) wedding.

Backyard ceremony and reception.  VERY intimate.  Slightly casual.  Vintage/Retro vibe, but not 'themey' in any way.

What do ya think?  I'm not new to theknot, but first wedding planning happened nearly a decade ago, so things have changed A LOT.

Re: HOORAY! I've found a place to be!

• Options
    AbbeyS2011AbbeyS2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay you found our board! 

Welcome and happy planning!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    morrisonFTWmorrisonFTW member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Abbey!  All of my current friends are folks I met on theknot way back in the day, so they're OVER wedding planning!  I'm almost sad that planning was so easy.  Once you factor out all of the things you did wrong the first time around, getting it right seemed almost too simple.
  • Options
    Browneyes72Browneyes72 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and happy planning!
    TJ
  • Options
    Avion22Avion22 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weddings have changed a little bit.  The people on The Knot have not changed at all...no really, I honestly think some of the same ladies are still on here from when I got married the first time in 03.  Yeah...

I think an intimate backyard wedding sounds awesome.  One thing I've noticed this time around is that I'm much more in tune with what I want, and not with what i think I should have.  Maybe that comes with maturity. Maybe my personal style is better developed.  And maybe I care a lot less about what other people think.

I'm glad you found us:-)  Welcome!
    DSC_9275
  • Options
    fireytigerfireytiger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! :) Yeah, the Knot hasn't changed a whole heck of a lot over the years. I'm glad you found us!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! Nice to meet you.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Welcome! Nice to meet you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome and Congratulations!  I feel like things are a lot harder this time...Last time I was 24 and had no responsibilities.  Now, I have two children, a house, a much more time consuming career...It's stressful finding the time to do everything (of course a 5.5 half month engagement didn't really help...)

I hope you keep feeling like it's easy!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    So funny that people say they notice some of the same people from being on TK last time.

Do any of you use the same username?  I switched to a new username this time.  Last wedding was in 2006.

But you guys are so right.. a LOT of the girls on here are the same.

Last time, I was 20 (well 19 for all but 2 weeks of the planning!) and dumb and awestruck by the idea of diamonds, dresses, and dazzle.  Haha. 

This time, I'll be 26.  I'm settled into my career, loving my house and my kitties.. and I finally understand what a relationship SHOULD look like!
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SoSaysTara, I'm not using the same SN, but if you were married in 2006 we might have been around at the same time - my first was in 2005.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Morris, I was "tralynnie" and I hung out mostly on Advice for Brides (what is now known as Snarky Brides.. eeek!).
  • Options
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hung out on P&E and I'd really rather not say what my name was... lol... I was kinda a troublemaker.  Your name doesn't look familiar, but I hope to get to know you in our more mature versions! :D
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hahaha.. I wonder if I'd remember it!  I remember a few troublemakers from P&E.  LOL.  It's all funny to me now though..  :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I changed my username too- I was here in 2005. But I still see a lot of the same people hanging around. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards