Maryland

New to the Board!

Hello Everyone! I am helping my best friend research some details for her wedding day. She's doesn't use public forums, facebook, etc. on a daily basis..  So, I volunteered to help with that area.  She knows how helpful The Knot was when I was planning my own wedding.   I was so thankful for that resource.  Anyway, I hope you dont mind.  Our major area of focus right now are the caterers for her big day...for those of you that used or are using either of these...could you tell me a little bit about good/bad experiences with them.  I know she wants to pick one soon!
1. Catering by Uptown
2. Classic catering
3. Iris & Gold
4. simply Elegant
5. Linwood's Catering

Thanks so much!!!

Re: New to the Board!

• peainthepod22peainthepod22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much for the suggestion!  and the welcome :)
  • razdazzlerazdazzle member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Catering by Uptown was my caterer!  They selection and service provided to us was top-notch.  We were able to go there to do a tasting before booking and then again to select the meal for our wedding.  I felt that compared to other proposals they really provided A LOT of value.  We did a cocktail hour with stationary and passed hors d'eurves, plated dinner, full open bar with a signature cocktail and also they have a deal with Sugarbakers (a really great bakery out of Baltimore) for a wedding cake included in the package.  I also liked that they had a wide selection of linen for the tables, since I was really into the design aspect for the wedding.  In addition to this, they provided amazing service on the day.  My husband and I had some private alone time after the ceremony and they brought up personal hors d'euvres.  Also, when we were walking around our table was cleared but when asked they brought us out a second entree. 

I could go on and on....I was very impressed with everything they provided.  No matter who you choose I do think it is a good idea to do a tasting and negotiate the contract. 

• Hello, check out Sweet Sensations LLC. Other than a venue, we can help you with almost everything else. Catering, cakes, decor, linens,other rentals, coordination, lighting, centerpieces, chiavari chairs, you name it, we have it. The best part, is that we are more affordable than other companies!!! Though on our site, we set amazing flat rate prices, we will also do our best to accommodate any budget!!! Call us!!!!

selinaharris61@yahoo.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards