Oregon

Portland/Beaverton area bridal salons

I'm about to start dress shopping and I need some more suggestions of places to browse and eventually try on dresses.  I know I want to go to English Department (on Alder downtown) and Charlotte's Weddings in Beaverton, but is there anywhere else I should check out?  I would prefer to buy locally (i.e. no national store/chain) and my budget is on the low-ish end (about $1000).

Thanks!

Re: Portland/Beaverton area bridal salons

• edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Beautiful Brides for Less in Vancouver.  They dont have a dress in the store that is more than $500.  It's all off the rack, but they have some REALLY beautiful dresses, it's a low key dress shop, and the sales people aren't in your face trying to close a sale.  It was a really nice experience for me.  I went in thinking I wouldn't find anything that I liked and walked out with the most perfect dress.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my dress at Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas, and I have several friends who purchased from them as well.  I had a great experience and when I got married - back in the stone age - they had a lot of dresses in the $500-$700 range.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to Elizabeth at the English Dept and absolutely LOVE her!!  They have the dress I will get, I think ;).  I haven't ordered it since I still have a year before the big day, but I am positive that is where I'll go.  I'm just hoping my designer, Jenny Yoo, will have a sample sale in the next few months there. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit The Nest!
  • edited December 2011

Among other places I went to Charlottes and Bridal Exclusives and was soo happy with my service at both places. If you havent tried on a lot of dresses go to Bridal Exclusives early in your search! They make you try on a dress in every style (so mermaid, ballgown, aline, empire waist, etc) before narrowing down what looks best on you. Fantastic. And Charlottes was just a great experience-- they have huge private rooms, knowledgable staff and cupcakes! Wonderful!  I bought  my dress at Bridal Exclusives but thats just where I found it-- I loved both places.

• ColeandJenaColeandJena member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got my dress at Charlotte's and I couldn't be happier.  The girls there were great; my bridal consultant really knew the inventory and pulled dresses that matched what I was looking for, AND she remembers my name every time I go in.  Of course it depends on how fancy you want your dress to be -beading hikes the price way up- but they definitely have some reasonable prices.  My dress was only $300!  My FH spent more on his suit.
    It truly is a fantastic shop, but one word of warning.  They give you a list of seamstresses for alterations and the woman who meets you at the store is very unpleasant.  I'm sure she's a great seamstress and I'm letting her handle my dress because I'm running out of time, but I was definitely not impressed with her attitude.  I'm sorry, but you just don't tell a girl who is a 36H that she can't wear a bra under her dress just because you want to work less.  Bras are a must for busty girls.
  • kmarie213kmarie213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    <p>In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_oregon_portlandbeaverton-area-bridal-salons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:119Discussion:8bb2ad70-b30e-4cdb-9069-416a06ef61bbPost:c7af0719-e884-42b4-82f4-089a820baaab">Re: Portland/Beaverton area bridal salons</a>:
    [QUOTE]I bought my dress at Bridal Exclusives in Clackamas, and I have several friends who purchased from them as well.  I had a great experience and when I got married - back in the stone age - they had a lot of dresses in the $500-$700 range.
    Posted by DramaGeek[/QUOTE]

I went to Bridal Exclusives as my "first stop" and ended up ordering a dress that day. They are super friendly and let me bring 8 people with mimosas, and snacks. We had a great time and I found my dream dress at an affordable price.</p>
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

"The best thing in life to hold onto is eachother." AH

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards