New Jersey - South

searching for a venue again.....

we had our tasting at Valleybrook today....and I'm a little sad. They served us raw chicken in the chicken parm dish. We complained to the coordinator and the chef came out with a new plate and said, here's more chicken. No apoligizes at all.

Re: searching for a venue again.....

• tmccullough79tmccullough79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How awful!  I was going to check them out in addition to Auletto's, but I just might cross them off the list!  How hard is it to cook chicken??
  • Butterfly219Butterfly219 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I just felt numb during and after the whole thing.  They had a few dishes that were good, but I just felt like they didn't really care. They should have been trying to impress us if they wanted our business. But the service was not very professional. The room for cocktail hour was setup for our tasting and it just seemed dirty. I asked to see the center pieces and they had them set up...but the mirrors were dirty and the candles were all crooked. The chef just seemed....well... rude.

I didn't expect fancy or anything, but I did want to be made to feel special. I figure it they didn't "try" hard before we made a deposit, what would happen after?

• edited December 2011
    Where do you live?
    5*6*11 I will marry my best friend! Budget Bride that loves DIY! My planning blog- It's a work in progress http://futuremrsd.weebly.com Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Where do you live? I could probably help you. I looked at a million places when I was looking for my wedding
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would love some help. :) We live in Glassboro, our ceremony is in Glassboro as well. I just emailed Scotland Run in Williamstown for some information.

I've been running into some hurdles at some places because we are looking at 80-90 guest including children and some have 100 or 150 min. for a Saturday evening.
  • edited December 2011
    I would check out Brigalias in Sicklerville. I heard they recently did renovations and it's supposed to be very nice. When we looked there they did not have a min # for a Saturday. You could also check out The Villa Manor I believe they are in affiliation with each other. You could also check out Summit Catering. They work with several different reception sites and have locations for all sizes.
  • beachbabi0307beachbabi0307 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Paris Caterers in Blackwood
  • edited December 2011
    Hey I live in Glassboro too!  (Well for another 2 weeks...sold my house and my fiance and I bought a house in Mantua).

Had my tasting at Aulettos yesterday and it was so yummy!  We have our minds made up on the beef (filet), chicken (chicken campania) and are just torn on the seafood (flounder stuffed with crab or chilean sea bass).

And they gave us a dessert to try also...called Tartufo (sp?).  It was sooooo good!  Definitely wasn't planning to pick that as my dessert (was planning to do the pastry tray) but after having it, we decided it is a must!!!

Good luck with your search!
  • edited December 2011
    I second demarcosjd, check out Brigalias - they have 2 different rooms for receptions, then separate rooms for cocktail hour. We are having our wedding there in August 2012. We're in the bigger room and I believe it is a 130 min/300 max. The other room I don't know the min but the max was 130. So that room would probably work! They have a beautiful outdoor area for pictures too!
    August 2012 Challenge - Dream Pet: Miniature Goldendoodle
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • rclark13rclark13 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How about masso's in glassboro? they have a few different rooms and they have great prices!!! I am having my wedding there in October.
  • edited December 2011
    Brigalia's is awesome!!! We are getting married there this October. Tina is wonderful and very accomodating to any size wedding. All the vendors we are using rave about her!
  • naylimenaylime member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
      We checked out The community house in moorestown... it is beautiful there.  also just between friend catering was super nice, they have a few prefered venues they could probably suggest for you.
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.... we have a hold on Auletto's in Deptford for March 26 now. We are going to see the room setup on Friday. I hope this all works out!

Looks like I will be switching from an April to March bride.
  • tmccullough79tmccullough79 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Good luck!  I hear nothing but amazing things about Auletto's, especially the food!
  • chrisa91011chrisa91011 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

I am from Glassboro too and would highly recommend checking out Brigalias its  beautiful and the food is delicious! good luck

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank everyone!!! We booked Auletto's for March 26... It's a little pricery than I wanted...BUT I know everything will be taken care of, the menus, center pieces... the cake... great food. The clock is now ticking down, I need to get to work on the photographer and I'm working on my STD as I type. I gave my FI the task finding a DJ.  I hope that he gets moving on it soon. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards