Colorado

weddings for 200 in Fort Collins?

I am wondering if anyone has suggestions on good places that would hold about 170 to 200 guests?

thanks!

Re: weddings for 200 in Fort Collins?

• edited December 2011
    The Tapestry House (which is in Laporte: only a few minutes outside of Fort Collins) is really pretty, and can hold up to 225. They are also well priced. If you want a place in town, there is the Drake Center, off Drake between college and Shields. It can hold well over 200 (we had our company party their last year). It is is a converted store, but it has some real potential...has a grand ballroom and the like. There is also the Sunset Event Center in Old Town, don't have much info on that one. Hope this helps!
  • HBookmanHBookman member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ended up getting married down in Colorado Springs, where most of our family is, because of the lack of venues up here. Tapestry House was the best, in my opinion. Very affordable, beautiful, etc. Beyond that, there's just hotels and the two venues that Manda mentioned (though I hadn't heard of Drake Center before). I never saw Sunset Event center in person, but the pictures online looked like it was trapped in 1980, so I never bothered.

I would start with Tapestry House. You can also check out www.weddingsitesandservices.com for more info, that's where we found our venue down in C-Springs!
  • EJGilmoreEJGilmore member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    THe Lincoln Center has reasonably priced ballrooms...may be worth checking into.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    The Lincoln Center is a good idea, but I think they're closing soon for like 10 months to renovate.  I've been to the Drake Center and it would be a great place for a reception, but not a ceremony.  The Sunset Event Center is not as bad as it seems if you decorate it nice.  But for the same price the Tapestry House is a lot more beautiful and you can do both the ceremony and reception there! 

If you're into the country-theme, then places like the Sylvandale Ranch are nice as well.

Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We booked ours at the Amory Event Hall in downtown Ft Collins (http://armoryeventhall.com).  It's $1800 for a whole day on the weekends and can hold 260 seated guests.  It's a really beautiful hall!  They provide the tables and chairs but you are in charge of setting them up. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards