Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Wedding gift thank yous

I've heard that it's bad luck and rude to open wedding gifts that arrive before the wedding.  I've also heard that thank you notes should be mailed within two weeks of receiving a gift before the wedding.  I would like to specifically mention the gift in the thank you card, instead of writing a generic thank you for items we receive early.  I'm not sure about the correct etiquette.  Any thoughts?

Re: Wedding gift thank yous

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its fine to open the gift. Technically you shouldn't take it out of its box or packaging, but definitely take it out of the box it was shipped in so that you can send your cards.

My new bff Gayle Forman!

?You can have your wishes, your plans, but at the end of the day, it's out of your control" - Gayle Forman
    Pregnancy Ticker
    Married Bio

Lizzie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)?????? image

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Open it and make sure it isn't broken.  Then send a TY immediately.  Don't use the item until after the wedding.

The superstition/bad luck thing you're talking about is in reference to having to return all the items if the wedding does not take place.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great! Thanks for the help ladies.
    And good luck to you in your planning.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards