Iowa-Des Moines

Boudoir Photos for Grooms Gift

has anyone done boudoir photos for a grooms gift or for their hubby in general? i keep hearing about how trendy it is but i personally don't know anyone who has done it.
i found a photographer in des moines (im in ames) on the local vendors page here and the photos are like victoria secret quality, but the prices are too.. at least for the package i want, haha. i mean, its exactly what i want and the quality is great and if i do it i want to look good, not have a friend come over and snap some shots. i want to go all out, but i guess im just nervous.

they also offer boudoir bachelor parties so i could bring my friends and rather than going out we could all get sexy photos and i like that idea too.

has anyone done a boudoir party or boudoir photos for your hubby in general? do you have any tips/advice/experiences to share? did your hubby like the photos? did you have to know how to pose?

here's who i want to go to www.heycupcakephotography.com
shes under the wedding photography vendors on this site for des moines too.

Re: Boudoir Photos for Grooms Gift

• edited December 2011
    I did it ... and it was AWESOME!  Carisa Keeling did mine, she is in Ames but came to DSM.  Loved her, so much fun, very comfortable to work with.  My hubby loved them :)  They were a complete surprise to him, gave him his 'naughty little black book' on our wedding morning. 

I had no idea how to pose, I had a couple different outfits including his football jersey from high school (which he loved!).  I had a friend go with me, she helped with lighting and some poses or letting me know when my outfit needed to be fixed etc.  Carisa suggested I look through magazines like Maxim or VS catalogs, those helped give her some direction on what I was looking for (brought the poses that I liked to the shoot). 

If you want to chat more, shoot me an email!  I'm an open book :)  emdeters at gmail dot com
  • edited December 2011
    I also did B-pics, and also used Carisa Keeling. She did an amazing job! I felt so comfortable and all the pictures turned out great!
    ?imageLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • VintageKittenVintageKitten member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    omg YES to Hey Cupcake! all the way! I cant wait to have my session done by her this summer! one of my best friends got her photos done there recently and they are so amazing. i love that there is nothing else around like it, they even provide you with the wardrobe so you can play dressup! i want to do a pinup party too!
  • edited December 2011
    I know Nicole Thomas does them, photosbynicolethomas.com
  • BellaJohn918BellaJohn918 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My friend did them for her fiance through my photographer.  I am still deciding if I want to, but she did an amazing job.  Her website is www.AmandaBasteen.com. I don't think she displays them on her site, but will show you the examples if you ask.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards