Wedding Invitations & Paper

Names on Place Cards

Hi ladies--

I'm trying to start working on place cards. I will only have assigned seating by table (I only assign the table and they're free to sit whever in that table). On the place cards, do I put their formal names or whatever they put down on RSVP? I sent out invitations with their formal names (e.g., William, David), but on the RSVP card they wrote their nick names (e.g., Bill, Dave). It probably doesn't matter anyway, but what's the protocol? If it helps, the wedding/reception isn't super formal. It's a lunch reception in buffet style. 

Thanks for your help in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Names on Place Cards

• I put formal names. For example, I have a friend who goes by Mikey, but I put Michael.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • We just used the names everyone actually goes by. For one thing, several men in H's family have the same name, but go by different variations of William, etc. For another, no one outside of the doctor's office has called my mother anything but Katie for 60 years.
  • Thanks ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards