Pennsylvania-Pittsburgh
Options

registry question

So how soon after your shower invites went out/ close to the shower date did you notice items being bought off your registry?

My shower invites went in the mail last Friday and most people received them Saturday. I was sorta hoping I'd notice some items gone (thinking people might shop on Sunday), but only 1 thing so far..my sugar bowl. Haha

I'm so bad at being patient!

Re: registry question

• Options
    LaFemmeRousseLaFemmeRousse member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hmmm, I think my shower invites went out about a month before my actual shower, and I noticed a couple of things here and there being purchased within the first week (I bet these were things mostly purchased online), but the closer the shower got the more people started buying gifts :)

Pittsburgh sig: Favorite thing about fall= college football!
    Vacation
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My guests all waited until the last minute to purchase gifts, as in days before. I wouldn't worry yet. Oh, and I was impatient too, but my mom was a worse registry stalker!
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yeah I am seeing that already! My mom spilled the beans on who bought the sugar bowl already lol
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine was sporadic, I'd notice hits around Saturday night, then nothing for a few days.  Definitely the last 3 days before shower things got snapped up.  People are procrastinators these days.  lol
    August Siggy Challenge- Wedding Must Have - sleigh cake stand Bio updated 04/05/10.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    kime31kime31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Funny you bring this up!  I looked at my registry for the first time this weekend (I was having a down in the dumps few days so I figured it would cheer me up lol).  There wasn't a lot bought yet and my shower is May 29th.  But one of my big ticket items - my kitchen aid stand mixer was bought so I was very excited!!  Now I'm trying to figure out who it could be, lol

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think most people tend to buy closer to the shower. I didn't registry stalk since I wanted to be surprised, but my mom checked it out :) She would tell me "something was bought today from BBB" or something like that.

Vacation

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine were sent out 5 weeks before the shower.  A few things were bought initially but then 2 weeks before I stopped looking because I wanted to be surprised.  A lot was bought, but I have to say-a lot of things bought just weren't taken off the list! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    jrsygrl10jrsygrl10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i have a couple of items that were purchased off of our registery that we have never received (nothing of consequence-a garlic press and one of our china bowls).....i always wondered who bought them and what they did with them! i hope they like the garlic press! :)
  • Options
    JamieK1882JamieK1882 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jrsygrl-thats too funny. I could just picture a wife going out to buy you a shower gift and the husband thinking its for the house and putting it away ..haha
  • Options
    morainemommorainemom member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:82bbdf2e-dfd0-44a6-bc86-d60826cf908dPost:0072c868-c23d-4032-94e1-4c4f1eda9e86">Re: registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think most people tend to buy closer to the shower. I didn't registry stalk since I wanted to be surprised, but my mom checked it out :) She would tell me "something was bought today from BBB" or something like that.
    Posted by kbielak17[/QUOTE]

I am partially ashamed to admit that I did the same thing!  I stalked that registry on a daily basis. 

Hey!  They didn't have online registries when I got married - I was fascinated with the concept.  It was fun trying to figure out who bought what.

And jrsy - someone bought my daughter's wafflemaker -- and never gave it to her!
    She just realized that a couple of months ago.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_pennsylvania-pittsburgh_registry-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:116Discussion:82bbdf2e-dfd0-44a6-bc86-d60826cf908dPost:a3a5a802-8432-4042-8221-9fea875d5f53">Re: registry question</a>:
    [QUOTE] It was fun trying to figure out who bought what.
    Posted by morainemom[/QUOTE]

My mom liked doing that too! :)

Vacation

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards