Michigan-Detroit
Options

Ceremony Venue

Hi Everyone!  I am a mother of the bride, and although this is the second daughter getting married, its the first wedding I've been involved in (my oldest was married in Canada and handled everything there herself).  Our predicament is this...we have Crystal Gardens in Howell booked for the reception but am now having an issue finding a ceremony site.  We looked at a chapel today in Howell but its to small.  Our family nor my future SIL's family are affiliated with any church.  Can we look into churches even though we are not members?

Re: Ceremony Venue

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes you can. a lot of churches will just charge a fee.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto PP.

Also, I thought that Crystal Gardens allowed you to have a ceremony there? Or am I mistaken?
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kayla, they will allow you to, but it's a little extra (I think my coordinator told me $195 but that was almost two years ago) and they have people sit at the tables they will eat at while the ceremony is taking place.

Theresa, I had the same problem you're having. Does your Daughter already live with her fiance? This caused issues for us trying to find a Church that would marry us because we already live together.

That being said, there are three Chapels in that area, All Saints in Howell, The Wedding Chapel in Fowlerville and Grace Chapel (where we're getting married) in Brighton. We originally booked with the Wedding Chapel in Fowlerville, but it was too small for our wedding as well we discovered (125 is our hopeful guestlist).

Grace Chapel (which is a division of GracePointe Ministries in Howell) so far has been great to work with and I can give you a full review next month after we're married. What we paid to have the ceremony there is in my Bio.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know it's a bit of a drive but I know Risen Christ Church in Plymouth allows non-members to have ceremonies there and also Holy Cross Lutheran in Livonia.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards