Wedding Recap and Withdrawal

Having issues with Photographer

Its been almost 3 months since my wedding, and i still have not recieved my PROOFS!! I understand she has to sort through the good and bad photos but they are just proofs, not edited. If it is taking this long to get my proofs, im terrifed of how long it will take to get my album! I dont know what to do about her. I moved out of state, and she does not respond when i try to contact her!
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Having issues with Photographer

• How are you trying to contact her?  If through email, call her and see if she gets back to you.  If she doesn't get back to you, you might need to send a certified letter that says if you don't receive your proofs by x date, you will take legal action.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_having-issues-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:0289674a-44b2-42d1-baa3-133f5977aebcPost:256f1227-5e41-4dbe-872e-d33071402b8c">Having issues with Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]Its been almost 3 months since my wedding, and i still have not recieved my PROOFS!! I understand she has to sort through the good and bad photos but they are just proofs, not edited. If it is taking this long to get my proofs, im terrifed of how long it will take to get my album! I dont know what to do about her. I moved out of state, and she does not respond when i try to contact her!
    Posted by beccabride2be[/QUOTE]
    Proofs are edited, a professional photographer won't show pictures that aren't. Depending on the length of your wedding and reception, there are somewhere between 4000-9000 photos she has to go through, 3 months is a bit on the long side, however. Does it say time constraints in your contract? Have you tried calling her?
  • 3 months is a really long time.  Look up all the reviews about the photographer and see if anyone else has this problem.  Post about it on your local board and see if you can message clients of hers that are her friends on facebook to see if they've gotten their photos.  Continue to contact her every week until you get the issue resolved.  
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-recap-withdrawal_having-issues-photographer?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:12Discussion:0289674a-44b2-42d1-baa3-133f5977aebcPost:4bbeacf0-7a62-4e98-b6d1-654ec2853cf0">Re: Having issues with Photographer</a>:
    [QUOTE]How are you trying to contact her?  If through email, call her and see if she gets back to you.  If she doesn't get back to you, you might need to send a certified letter that says if you don't receive your proofs by x date, you will take legal action.
    Posted by navybaby1113[/QUOTE]

I agree, you need to take legal action if you aren't getting a response, and a certified letter makes sure that the person signs for it.

"The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched, they must be felt with the heart." ~ Miss K ~
  • what does your contract say? My photographer had it in his contract that i'd get proofs 3 weeks after the wedding.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards