Kentucky

flowers

Ok..so I'm going back and forth on this subject and need some helpful guidance. Originally, I planned on doing the flowers myself for my wedding. The closer it gets though, the more I'm thinking I'd rather not have the added stress. We're not using flower decor for the ceremony or the reception, so I am just looking at the costs involved for the bridal party flowers. What is "too much" to spend on flowers? 

Re: flowers

• squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, I'd ask that on the budget board, although they'll probably note to ask your local.  We've not had any floral questions on here recently, though. 

I've heard people talk about bridal boquets ranging from $25 - $125, and BMs from $15 - $75.  Bouts are usually under $10 each, corsages in the $10 - $30 range. 

It's really up to you, though.  Call around and ask for quotes.  Don't forget to call Sams and your local grocery too.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    If you tell your florist, "I only have X to spend, and that is all I can afford.", then they will make it work, for you.

I agree with your decision to have someone do it for you. It will take SOOOOO much stress off of you. You will be writing a check for peace of mind.

If you stick with just basics, then you can realistically do it for anywhere from $350.00 to $1000.00. Personally, I would not spend more than $1K.

Sarah Wilhelm from Country Squire did an AMAZING job on Molly Malone's wedding and she told her flat out: "I only have X to spend". And Sarah made it work for her. Beautiful pink peonies, pink roses, etc.
  • squirrlysquirrly member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Also, where in Kentucky are you?  We might be able to give you suggestions on specific florists.
    DIY & Planning | Married 

Married: 2010
    Mom to J: 2011
    Mom to H: 2014

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Dresses may be easier to take in than let out, but guest lists are not. -- kate51485
  • edited December 2011
    I dont know how much money you are wanting to spend but I know that I am making my own flowers...Sam's club has a large selection of flowers you can buy and they range from $50-$100 and im just going to cut them and wrap ribbon around them...hope this helps a bit...
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards