Louisiana-New Orleans

Heritage Hall w/150 head count

Hi there ladies! Have any of you planned a reception at the Heritage Hall in Kenner with a guest list close to or at 150? I absolutely love the venue, however, I'm a tad bit leary about the size and everyone fitting comfortably. It would also be a great help if any of you would be able to share with me photos that you might have if you've held your event there. I'm really trying to get ideas for the best way to set up and utilize the space. I hope some of you ladies can help!

Re: Heritage Hall w/150 head count

• edited December 2011
    I just recently went to a reception at Heritage Hall last month. I must say that the venue was nice and the way that the couple had it setup was okay, but the spacing was not great at all. I want to say the bride may have had 100 people to show (maybe a little less) and it was so cramped (It could've been the way that it was setup). I actually did not get up to dance or walk around because there was absolutely no room to move. Unfortunately, I do not have any pictures to show, but as a bride, I did pay close attention to detail. This bride incorporated a long head table along the right side wall. She also had a long table of chaffing dishes on the left side wall. On both sides of the front entrance she had tables setup for alcohol, and in the middle of the floor I want to say she had maybe 6-8 tables. The back entrance was where she had her D.J. table and the small dance floor.

I hope I was able to give you a visual with my descriptions. I will try to look out for some pictures for you. FI and I looked at Heritage Hall and considered it because it was extremely reasonable. However, with our 175 guest count there was no way our guests would be able to fit comfortably. And after going to the wedding reception it confirmed that we made the right decision to look for a bigger venue. I think Heritage Hall is great for 75 - maybe 100 guests if more than half don't mind standing)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thanks a bunch! It's obvious that the size has me a bit hesitant but I would be renting out the whole park, not just the hall. The only thing is people being segregated. I'm just not sure about this one.
  • Look up downs photography.com I think it's it Joe wedding. My cousin was the photographer. The wedding was purple. He have some great shots of the Hertiage Hall. Oh he did say the place is small, when I asked him about it for my wedding reception.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards