Wisconsin

Reasonably priced outdoor ceremony location SE wi

Any ideas?hoping to find a place with chairs and a shelter in case of rain.... I have come up with humbolt park so far...all other locations require chairs which I'm a little unsure of the price to rent and a tent. All suggestions are appreciated! I'm in Florida so I can't stroll around and look :(

Re: Reasonably priced outdoor ceremony location SE wi

• Where in Wisconsin are you looking?  Like city name
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Reception is downtown, any surrounding area will work
  • I attended a wedding in the Humboldt park pavillion.  It's not air conditioned & it's your typical city park building - not fancy, but a shelter.  Be sure to use a mic, as I could not hear the speakers!

If you are considering renting chairs & a tent, I have found this place to have the lowest prices: www.arearentalwi.com/ 
  • We're having our wedding outdoors on Fitch Plaza at the Vietnam War Memorial. It's in downtown Mke right on the lake. They provide chairs, a wedding arch etc. then we're doing cocktail hour outside...again, they provide chairs, tables etc. We'll have a catered reception inside. If there's bad weather, they have a covered area you can use. It's pretty inclusive and the event planners have been wonderful. http://www.warmemorialcenter.org/Rental_Information/
  • Love Fitch plaza but it's 1400! I'm really going to search hard for something reasonable to my budget before I dish that out because I still have to pay an officiant
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_wisconsin_reasonably-priced-outdoor-ceremony-location-se-wi?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:118Discussion:bec49272-ec7f-4885-9f84-361ff6747965Post:8c66caae-848b-489e-af7a-f2b056105aa8">Re: Reasonably priced outdoor ceremony location SE wi</a>:
    [QUOTE]I attended a wedding in the Humboldt park pavillion.  It's not air conditioned & it's your typical city park building - not fancy, but a shelter.  Be sure to use a mic, as I could not hear the speakers! If you are considering renting chairs & a tent, I have found this place to have the lowest prices: www. arearental wi.com/ 
    Posted by rungirl12[/QUOTE]

How was outside? We were thinking of holding it by the. River or something...
  • The only water there is a pond.  It's your typical pond - nothing fancy or scenic, but a nice back drop.  If you google humboldt park pond and view images, you can see a few.  I would have no qualms having my own ceremony there, it would just involve renting all the outdoor equipment & making a backup plan in the case of rain.
  • I am having my ceremony (outside) and reception at Hubbard Park Lodge in Shorewood.  For the ceremony it is $500 but includes chairs for 125 that they set up and take down.  They also have a tent or building for rain back up.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards