Pennsylvania-Central

Where did you block out hotel rooms - Lancaster

Hi all,
I'm getting married next May, the same weekend as F&M's graduation, which means the hotel we were planning for the wedding party to stay at (The mariott) is fully booked at this point.  We were looking for a nicer place for the family/bridal party and a budget option for those who want it.  We are now looking for one place, near-ish to downtown.  Anyone have any suggestions?
Thanks!

Re: Where did you block out hotel rooms - Lancaster

• edited December 2011
    Did you try looking into the Eden?  Or Cork Factory Hotel?  They're a little further away but still very nice
  • edited December 2011
    You could try the Eden, there is also a Hampton Inn and Courtyard by Marriott in the Greenfield area. I personally love Leola Inn & Suites.
    TTC #1 since 11/10
    10/11: Dx PCOS, 2000mg Metformin
    imageimage
    My Blog
    April Nesties March siggy challenge: Next Vacation, Anguilla!!
  • edited December 2011
    Whatever you do, do NOT choose the Brunswick which is very close to the Marriott.  All I have to say is LMFAO!!! The Day's Inn of Lancaster was voted one of the top ten worst hotels in the US According to Tripadvisor.com.  I find it horrific that someone would even hint at staying there.  Check it out:

It really all depends on your budget.  The Eden is top notch and one of the best hotels in Lancaster.  There are a lot of hotels in Lancaster but the quality sadly isn't there for the price you will pay.  I would say if your having a summer wedding to ditch the idea of anything on Rt. 30 because they will all be booked up at top dollar for tourist season.  Willow Valley is not downtown but very close.  I think their prices are good for the quality you get.  For every 2 hotels that I think are high quality in Lancaster I can name about 10 that aren't.  I work in the industry and even as far as value I would be very skeptical about a "good deal" on a hotel in the area. (I also think the Marriott is one of the better places despite being booked)
  • edited December 2011
    I wanted to share some info with you about the Day's Inn of Lancaster since you mentioned it...

• edited December 2011
    All the hotels on Granite Run Rd which are Hilton Garden Inn, Fairfield Inn and Homewood Suites are really nice hotels.  I worked in the Hilton as a housekeeper and it hit very high scores on their recent inspection.  I've also stayed at the Fairfield Inn, that one is also very nice.  I have never been in the Homewood Suites.  They are all run by the same company.  If you want to more you can e-mail me at mommachev@yahoo.com just put something to do with hotels in the subject line.  Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    I booked Willow Valley.  Discounts can apply if you book X amount of rooms.

Better place and off the main drag is the Westfield off of Centerville. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards