Massachusetts-Cape Cod

East Falmouth hotels/room blocks

i'm racking my brain...are there any hotels in east falmouth/the heights i could do a room block at? i think most of the people coming to town will be renting houses, but want to have the option.

any ideas? aside from the Quality inn (or it used to be) over by stop & shop

thanks!

Re: East Falmouth hotels/room blocks

• yoyowynnyoyowynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Most hotels and motels in Falmouth allow room blocks.  Go to  http://www.falmouthchamber.com/travel/accommodations.php. This is a list of hotels, motels, and B & B's in Falmouth.  When is your wedding?  Some people can book rooms if it's less than a year away then you won't need a room block.
  • edited December 2011
    I have a similar question regarding something I ran into when trying to block rooms, etc. Does anyone know of hotels that don't force a 2 night minimum? I've been fortunate in life that my parents have a house on the Cape - so I've never looked into hotel rooms before. I probably should have thought of this before picking a summertime wedding, but too late now! Anyone have any advice?
  • ootmother2ootmother2 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    There's a condo development closer to Mashpee called SeaMist.

It's not luxurious but the units are one or two bedrooms, clean and pretty well maintained from what we saw.
  • yoyowynnyoyowynn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just know the Falmouth Inn doesn't have the 2 night minimum but the rate is higher for one night.
  • edited December 2011
    JACKIE!!!!!! HI...it's Nickey! I didn't realize you were doing wedding planning! I had a lot of trouble getting blocks of rooms too! I actually wasn't able to block off any and my guests had to book independently! Mostly because I was engaged only in December and all the rooms were already booked. There is the Holiday Inn across from the Coonamessett and the Admiralty which might be the one you were talking about being across from Stop and Shop! When is your date? I am so excited for you and that you are on here! CONGRATS!
    Anniversary Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    We were October (Columbus day weekend) and I only found one motel that didn't have a 2 night min-- the Mariner Motel on Main St. It was perfect for us, since it was reasonable and next door to our church (St. Patrick's). We also had a block at Inn on the Square, since it was a lot nicer, but they has a strict 2 night, Fri-Sat policy and weren't all that helpful or accommodating.

Not sure if the mariner would waive the 2 night min in the summer though. Oh, also, she would only block a certain number of those rooms for 1 night only, like 6 out of the 10, or something, but it worked out. Talk to karen if you call, not the guy who answers sometimes.
  • edited December 2011
    Holiday Inn does room blocks. Thats where we and some of our guests stayed. But yes, a lot of hotels have the two night minimum.
    Married June 26, 2010! | Wedding/For Sale Bio
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married in September 2011, I blocked Rooms at the Green Harbor Waterfront logding on Ackapeskit Road in Falmouth. He blocked off 20 rooms for me at a special rate of $108.00 a night with a two night min. The hotel is really great they just re did all the room with a cute cape cod beath theme. They have a pool and a huge lawn in the back with grills lounge chairs and picnic tables. My family is into the lawn games and partying at the hotel which he said was fine as long as other guest don't mind. The hotel is right on Green harbor and they have a beach and free padle boats for guests to use. Check it out. The pictures look older on his website but when I went and looked at the hotel it looked perfect and great. ANd I look at it in the winter, I can't imagine how great the hotel looks now in the summer! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards