Florida-West Coast
Options

Reception Ideas in St. Pete area

Hello,

I am having my wedding in St. Pete Beach area and was wondering if anyone knew of places that will allow me to have my own caterer (as in they do not have a list for me to chose from and they do not require me to use them for food - I can pick whoever I want to cater). The place would need to hold 70-80 people. I find a lot of places but none of them allow me to pick my own caterer, they require me to pick one off their list and they don't have the food options I am looking for. I have family friends that can do the food that we like for us. I know the Lions Club does not have restrictions but other then that I can't find anything. The community center has restrictions too. I appreciate any help Smile

Re: Reception Ideas in St. Pete area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am having my ceremony/reception at St. Pete Beach Rec Center.  You can bring in whatever caterer you like and I believe it fits up to 200 comfortably. 

http://www.spbrec.com/
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
  • Options
    rmjones6rmjones6 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    tampa bay watch
  • Options
    lilpandalilpanda member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thank you for the info!

I checked Tampa Bay Watch but they are to expensive. I will look into the rec center and talk to them. Just out of curiosity are you having someone set-up everything for you? I am trying to find someone who can set-up/tare down in 2 hours... not sure if that is unreasonable...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lilpanda I am having a wedding planner for this exact reason.  She is going to set up and take everything down for us.  With the price for the St. Pete Beach Rec Center and the cost of our planner it is still cheaper for us than going to any hotel on the beach.  I am using Tammy Waterman with special moments for our planner.  Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
    Photobucket Me:36 DH: 34 TTC since 02/2012, not preventing since 2010. Me: testing came back good. DH: dx: MIF low count/motility. RE recommends IVF with ICSI. Update: DH just diagnosed with severe Crohn's disease, so any IF treatment is on hold :(
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards