Arizona-Phoenix

Should i use Awahtukee's (sp?) david's bridal alterations???

Hey ladies! I got my dress at David's Bridal and LOVE my dress but HATED dealing with david's bridal which makes me frightened to go through them for alterations they also seem expensive (but i'm also not experienced with alterations so who knows really :) ) I have my dress already because i took it home the day i tried it on because it was a "Trial" dress that they weren't sure david's was going to bring back so it wasn't something i could order just had to buy what was in the store. It's clean and in great condition just needs some taking in and good amount taken off the bottom. And bustled. And obviously a steam  or whatever they do haha so it's crisp in the end :) Should i take it somewhere else? I saw a previous post about alteration suggestions in the east valley which is where i am also, so more so just need an opinion about if i should use david's bridal or not?!?!?!  ALSO ....I'm getting married Jan 7th, when should my first fitting be? Thanks Ladies, I'm pretty clueless in this area!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Should i use Awahtukee's (sp?) david's bridal alterations???

• edited December 2011
    That's where I got my reception dress...  and I wasn't completely comfortable with their alterations dept. either, so I didn't use them.

I went with Sandra Denley http://www.alterationsetc.net/ and was very happy!

As for timing, if you book with Sandra, the earlier out you book, the more free stuff she gives you.  You can make the appt. for whenever you want, a month out or whatever,  but schedule it early if you go with her so you get all the bonuses!

I think my appts were about 2 months out from the wedding to start, and then one month, and then final was like 4 or 5 days before the wedding.  I scheduled the first one about 4 or 5 months out so I got all the free stuff though. 
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers

TTC since 2-09 Diagnosed with PCOS 12-11

• wesleyannwesleyann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome. Her prices look very reasonable! Thanks so much for the referral! I will call her and see what i can set up!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree that i wouldnt use David's Bridal either. I am using Danese Creations becuase I bought my gown at Priscillas of Boston and they are closing and my wedding planner recommended Danese Creations. I found her prices pretty reasonable considering that I am going to need some major alternations becuase i had a breast augmentation after purchasing my gown. 
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards