California-Los Angeles
Options

Recommendation needed for Los Angeles Officiants

any recommendations on LA officiants?  We are non-denominational ...looking for someone who has a good sense of humor (but not overdoing it =P....)

thx!

Re: Recommendation needed for Los Angeles Officiants

• Options
    RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Why not get a friend/family member? We aren't religous either and thought it would add something really special and personal if we had someone we knew perform our ceremony. So my bro-in-law got ordained online and then we wrote our own ceremony. As a result, it was exactly what we wanted---no dealing with negotiating about a required amount of religion, no hoping for a good personality, or trying to find someone you both like; and it was a really nice/different way to include someone special to both of us.
    But if you still want a suggestion....I could always ask my BIL if he's free and willing to do it again!! =)~
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Check out theofficiantguy.com. Chris wasn't available on our date, but we were able to book Steve Kehela through him and it was great. Chris and Steve can even get your paperwork (license) for you for an extra fee. I believe a few other LA knotties have used them and I've never heard a complaint!
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • Options
    redpassportredpassport member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try Larry Galvin 818-259-0339 Sorry, don't have his email

or Celebrant Venus celebrantvenus@gmail.com 
  • Options
    eleven3eleven3 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Reverend Guadalupe Arrieta with California Dream Weddings.  She's non-demoninational. She's doing our wedding, and since then I've recommended her to 2 of my friends who are also getting married this year, and they are using her too! They loved her when they met her!

http://www.weddingwire.com/biz/california-dream-weddings-san-gabriel/7c6eb8104ed4925a.html

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jwdeldottojwdeldotto member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    thx girls!
  • Options
    raykie2003raykie2003 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Alan Katz with SoCal Officiant will officiate our ceremony. He is fantastic and funny!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards