November 2012 Weddings
Options

Tattoos?

Just lurked around some of the boards on here and came across a fun post.  It was on the E-board and I prefer not to post on there, so I thought I'd bring it on over here...  

Do you have any tattoos?

How many and of what?

Does your FI have tattoos?

What do your parents/FILs think?

Are you planning on getting more?

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?
21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Tattoos?

• Options
    lls31lls31 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited February 2012
    My responses...

Do you have any tattoos?  Yes.

How many and of what?  Two.  My first one is a little black heart (from a song by The Early November) on my pelvis.  My second one is a flower - crown of thorns - on my foot (I wanted a tattoo for FI and "thorn" came to mind because he is T. Horn).  The one of my foot was done twice because the first place kind of botched it.  

Does your FI have tattoos?  Yes.  He has a quarter sleeve on each arm.  The one on his left arm flows onto his side as well.  They are all music related and they are amazing.

What do your parents/FILs think?  My parents only know about the one on my foot and they hate it.  FILs don't care.  FMIL has two tattoos herself.

Are you planning on getting more?  Yes.  

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?  No, I don't need to.  I'm thinking about covering the one on my foot for my sister's wedding though (short dress).  Any suggestions on makeup to cover it?

I'd post pics, but I don't have any at work.
    21811_10151174643987291_1046283999_n_zpsddfa358c Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have any tattoos?: Yep!

How many and of what?: One - A star on the back of my neck. 

Does your FI have tattoos?: Nope.

What do your parents/FILs think?: My mom loves it, my dad doesn't really care, and my FIL's haven't said one way or another. :)

Are you planning on getting more?: Yep, at least one or two more.

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?: Absolutely not. It's a part of who I am and I love it! :]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have any tattoos: Yup!

How many and of what? One...a orange and yellow lilly on my lower stomach

Does your FI have tattoos? Yup! He has three and they are of music notes, a 8th note, G-clef, and a 16th note. He is planning on making it into a half sleeve by adding staff lines, shading, and little note

What do your parents/FILs think? They don't care ha

Are you planning on getting more? Not at this moment

Are you planning on covering it for the wedding? I don't need to
  • Options
    This is a fun one!

Do you have any tattoos? - I do!

How many and of what? - 3. Scripting on my right foot that says "God is Love." Claddagh on my right leg. Irish Trinity with a shamrock on my inner left ankle.

Does your FI have tattoos? - oooo yeah! 1/2 sleeve on right arm which flows into his side. shark on left collar bone, and a bunch of other random ones. He also has a full leg done of random stuff which he is currently getting filled in to tie everything together. FI's brother is a tattoo artist, so FI let him use his leg as a practice canvas when he was just starting out. (This was obvi LONG before we met & started dating! lol)
    What do your parents/FILs think? - Neither of our parents mind. FMIL doesn't care for it as much, but with her son being a tattoo artist, she's come to terms with the fact that just about all of her kids will have tattoos.

Are you planning on getting more? - Yup. FI's brother is currently in the process of opening his own shop & as soon as it's open, I'm heading in for another one!

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day? - No need to, they'll all be covered by my dress.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have any tattoos?  Yep!

How many and of what? Two - an ankh with a dove in the loop on the side of my left breast, and a knotwork Fleur-de-lis on my right foot.

Does your FI have tattoos? Yes, he has a bigger version of the fleur-de-lis on my foot on the back of his right calf.

What do your parents/FILs think? My mom has gotten used to them, and my dad hates them with a passion. My MIL and her husband both have tats, so they are cool with it. FI was actually the last in his family to get one.

Are you planning on getting more? Yep! 

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day? No need - they'll be covered my my dress. My ankh may poke out a little from the top of my dress now and then, but I'm not worried.
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
    Visit NewOrleans.Weddings.com

Nov '12 September Siggy - Bridesmaids!
    bridesmaids-2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Do you have tattoos?  Yes :)

How many and of what?  Two butterflies on my lower right back, a cross on the left side of my hip

Does your FI have tattoos?  No, but he loves mine!  (He's scared of needles, which is funny since he is a research scientist and plays with them all day!)

What do your parents/FIL think?  My parents don't care - my FMIL doesn't know, but she's so loving, I doubt it will matter.

Are you planning on getting more?  Yes, before the wedding, and adding to the cross on my hip

Are you planning on covering yours for your wedding day?  Quite the opposite, I'm getting a Star of David on my left back shoulder, and buying a dress that shows it off!  (The other two tattoos are where a bathing suit would hide them, so I hope they don't show on my wedding day!)
  • Options
    edited February 2012
    Do you have any tattoos? Yes

How many and of what? 4 - blueberries on my chest, a Salvador Dali melting clock on my shoulder blade, a small blue star and my best friend and I have "BFF" on our ankles

Does your FI have tattoos?  Nope, doesn't like 'em

What do your parents/FILs think?  My mom isn't crazy about them but she's used to them.  FILs never said anything, but they themselves don't have any

Are you planning on getting more?  Not sure.  My dad passed away several years ago and have wanted to get something to represent him, but haven't come up with the exact right thing yet

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?  Just the blueberries on my chest.  Love the tattoo, but don't love the way it looks with my strapless, lace wedding dress!  My MOH has tons though, and I told her not to cover any, I love the way they look!
  • Options
    Do you have any tattoos?  I have three.. two stars on my ankles, full tatoos on both my feet (they come together to make one piece) and then hearts on each of my wrists

Does your FI have tattoos?  He's got an Ohio State tattoo on his calf

What do your parents/FILs think?  they're okay with them..... i think.

Are you planning on getting more?  yep!

Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?  nope. They are a part of me. And how the heck would you cover wrist tattoos anyways? I love my tattoos and want everyone to see them.
  • Options
    Do you have any tattoos?  I have one..a dove carrying a heart on my foot. Does your FI have tattoos?  He's got four ..a cross and his initials on his left arm, a lion on his right arm (he's a Leo), and a Jesus head on his left leg. What do your parents/FILs think?  My Parents don't care FILs don't really like them but they're used to them by now. Are you planning on getting more? FI wants to get one together but I'm undecided (I thought the first hurt a lot lol) Are you planning on covering yours on your wedding day?  I don't need to it will be covered by my dress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards