Christian Weddings
Options

Ladies - you have GOT to try Zumba

Okay, so I regularly post here, and this doesn't scream "church" but the ladies group at my church does a Zumba workout program every Monday night from 6 to 7pm.  I'm about to head there now.  Anyone else doing Zumba and love it? 

We are doing a big group thing with the other ladies so not many others have the DVD's or the toning sticks, but I scrimped and saved and purchased my zumba kit to have at home!  Hopefully it will arrive soon,  it was backordered last time I checked my Amazon order!  

Out to workout!  See you ladies in a bit! 
July 16, Our Wedding Day, is also International Juggling Day!

Re: Ladies - you have GOT to try Zumba

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Zumba!! I have only done it a few times due to scheduling/not having somebody to do it with at the YMCA, but it's definatly a blast and you don't really feel like it's a "workout". Yes, it's tough, but fun tough.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We have been doing the "sculpt and tone" series for the past month (once a week), and tonight we started the "cardio party" series for this month.  It was a scream!  So much fun.  I can't wait until my toning sticks and DVD's come so I can do it more often at home.  The fellowship with the other ladies at church (and more from the community who aren't members too) is REALLY amazing, and there were quite a few new people tonight which makes it fun too.  

I'm on a little bit of a endorphin high right now, gotta slow down!!! :-) 
  • Options
    iamjoesgurliamjoesgurl member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm so uncoordinated.  Is it pretty easy to follow?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It takes some getting used to... I just start by getting the foot movements down first, then adding what I feel comfortable adding in (arms, hips, etc).  We have anywhere from 60 year old and uncoordinated all the way down to middle and high school girls who seem to have their coordination to a T, and everything in between.  I don't know if there are any videos on youtube for you to try, but I did see a demo video on the Amazon site that was a good representation of the program!! :-) 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Zumba is a huge part of my life! I have been taking Zumba classes twice a week for a few years now and I love it! The DVD's don't do it justice- you have to go to a class with a great instructor. Some instructors are too slow paced for me, but the girl I go to now is wonderful! Such a fun workout! The creator of Zumba, Beto, comes here to Pittsburgh to our baseball stadium (PNC Park- home of the Pirates!)once a year to do a huge class in the parking lot. I am going this year. Lots of fun! I am thinking about getting certified to teach it because I love it so much, but it's like $250 or something just to get certified. 

Glad you like it! I always try to get people to jump on the Zumba train! 
  • Options
    naomikbnaomikb member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tried it last week for the first time....  it was fun but I think I need to do it a few more times to figure out a few more steps and really get into it without feeling like I look like an idiot.

My back and shoulders were sore the next day!
  • Options
    heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That sounds like so much fun. I've been wanting to try it for a while but the class at my gym is at a time when I'm at school... so I think I'll just try going in the summer.
    Is it that hard to get into with a group? I've heard some people say it's better to start off slow with the DVDs before going to a class.

Also, I love that you have a church group that does it together... that would be such a neat idea of other churches to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We mostly use the DVD's since we're new, but our "instructor" or the person who organizes it for us helps us to break down some of the more complicated moves ahead of time and so she teaches us the steps that pedro and the other lady on the video don't break down.  

So far we've had fun.  I would say many of us are really trying, and I don't know if anyone is really getting all of the movements, but for most in the ladies' group, it's a good chance to get a fun work-out, and fellowship with other ladies, as well as just keep moving.  Some just do the footwork, and others do more.  It's sooooo much fun!  I can't wait until my kit comes so I can do Zumba at home!

Woah, Ash, didn't know you're a zumba instructor!!!  Fun!! :-) 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Zumba is awesome! It's not for the coordinated or uncoordinated, it's just loads of fun - I've done modern dance and yoga for 18 years of my life and I went with my friend who has zero dance experience at all, and we both had an equal blast dancing together, neither of us were more coordinated or less than the other.
  • Options
    KaitlinRichKaitlinRich member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Because I am so wonderfully uncoordinated I refuse to go do it with other people but I love to do it at home!!! I even get my mom and sister in on it some... The combo is hysterical and we spend half the time laughing but I love it and can so tell a difference!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kelly- I'm not an instructor, but I do plan on getting certified soon. Most likely after the wedding because it is expensive! 
  • Options
    I love Zumba!!  I've done it a couple times and it's a blast.  I'm really coordinated, so that's not saying much - but my mom is horribly uncoordinated (I love her anyways!!) and she had a blast too!!

CW Siggy : Favorite Flower
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Any and all God created. Each one is a masterpiece. :)

I'm married!! As of May 1st, 2011. :)

Daisypath Vacation tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards