Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

Vendor Review- Alfred Angelo - Long Vent

I purchased my dress and ordered all my girls dresses at Alfred Angelo after shopping around at 5 different places! I fell in love with my dress there this was probably back in Jan.! I HAVE HAD NOTHING BUT PROBLEMS EVER SINCE!!!!

1st BIG Problem-
 I called back in June, 2 weeks after they had told me the dress should be in the store, wondering where my dress is and the girl on the phone goes "Uh OH" so i knew there was a problem. She said that the order had no shipping information on it at all. I guess meaning that it never left the warehouse at all. Of course inside i was flipping out but i didn't go bridezilla on her because i knew it wasn't this girls fault (i work in retail). Then they said it would be probably another 2 weeks till it came in!. 

2nd BIG problem.
Once my dress came in it was falling apart! and this was not a cheap dress! The clasp in the back fell off before i even put it on! Then once it was on there was a small sharpie mark under the armpit. THENNNN when i was taking it off i discovered that the very front gem (the big one right in the middle! ) was hanging on by a thread about to fall off. After all this my MOH laid the dress down and started going over it VERY carefully. In the process she noticed there were 2 more gems that were completely missing!!

3rd BIG problem!!!! 
My MOH's dress. 
When we went and tried on my dress we also tried on hers. The dress was strapless. The second she put hers on we noticed a huge issue! She was SUPPPPER lopsided. And no it was not because of her! The consultant got a measuring tape and it was a entire inch different! Her left boob fabric was 6inches and the right boob fabric was 7 inches! It was so noticeable you could see it across the room! 

4th problem 
I had my 1st alteration appointment today at 1:30pm. My wedding is Oct. 10 so its getting close! And they called and said they were going to have to cancel. at 12:30pm!!!! And since they only do alterations on M & W and i work all day W now i have to wait till next week. 

Sorry just had to vent! And make sure no one else makes the same mistake i did!!!!

Re: Vendor Review- Alfred Angelo - Long Vent

• Options
    adfrasure1adfrasure1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG that totally sucks!!! I am glad we didn't end up ordering my bridesmaid dresses through them!!! I hope everything works out for you! Good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry that you are having issues with them! I ordered my bm's dresses that were Alfred Angelo dresses from Pearl's Place and had no issues what so ever. The girls had never tried them on until I received them and they fit perfect. 

I hope everything works out for you!

btw...I would maybe take your dress to another seamstress unless the alteration cost was included with your dress purchase?
    Anniversary
  • Options
    APaganelliAPaganelli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    OMG, I'm so glad you posted this because I need to vent about Alfred Angelo Bridal too!! Is this the AA in Dayton, Ohio? When I was there last Saturday, I saw an off-the-rack dress that I loved. However, the dress in the store was in a different color that I did not like (ivory/champagne). Since there was an all ivory one in the warehouse, the salegirl made an arrangement with us. She said that we could just put down the price of the dress in the store (half of the retail price) and she would ship me the one in the warehouse. So I put down payment right away so I would not lose the dress.

On Monday the store manager calls me to tell me that they were shipping the warehouse dress to me, but that I would have to pay the remaining balance- the RETAIL price of $900!!! (I paid half this price on Saturday). I said, "No. This was not our arrangement. The salesgirl told us we only needed to pay half price." The manager said they do not allow this since the dress in the warehouse is, essentially, a brand new dress. After about a week of trying to get this issue straightened out and pulling my hair out, I decided "enough was enough". I was tired of dealing with this store and their dishonesty and rudeness. So I had my mom drive up to the store in person and get our money back. My mom plans on writing a letter to the district manager about how bad the customer service was and the experience. 

Long story short...... I totally sympathize with you!!! I would not recommend anyone going to this store.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes! it was the Dayton store! The place is horrible i really don't know what else could possibly happen EVERYTHING has gone wrong there. I wish there was a way i could of backed out of this place but thats impossible now my wedding is in October. I think i might still go there for alterations if i can bitch and get everything free. I am going back in Monday so we will see. If not i will be definitely going elsewhere and maybe i will send them the bill! I will have to find out the district managers name and address also because the manager is no help either she is one of the many people that has helped mess everything up!
  • Options
    APaganelliAPaganelli member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You should write a letter. It is completely awful what they are doing to you! I firmly believe that it is places like this that make people Bridezillas. It is our desire to want our wedding to go perfectly, but when places like this mess EVERYTHING up- it has the capacity to turn us into what some people say as "evil bitches". Best of luck to you and I hope that you get everything works out.
  • Options
    I agree.This pkace is a nightmare and the district manager is satan. My daughter bought her dress here and paid almost 300.00 to have it altered. They had to do major alterations to it..After given several different times to pick it up I finally picked it up the night before the wedding. I was furious since I missed the rehearsal and dinner. The seamstress told me she should have charged more and told me she has dealt with people like me before then got in my face and said now let me tell you something ...I wanted to knock her lights out..This place is over priced and lies to their customers....Stay away from here or you will be sorry..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards