Florida-West Coast
Options

Going crazy..

It seems like school lately has been crazier than ever. I'm constantly studying, and when I'm not IN class I'm doing clinicals at Memorial or working in Westchase. I'm in the middle of OB and Pediatrics which I knew NOTHING about, so that makes it even harder! My engagement part is approaching and shortly will be the 12 month mark where I seriously need to get my butt in gear and figure out the who what where and whens of my wedding (got the why down already!) Anyway, the whole point of this is to beg you for help. I am STILL venue searching. I want to have it figured out as soon as possible, but I have only checked out 2 places. A La Carte is out because there were too many *expensive* add ons that would really add up. The only other place I've looked at is the Hyatt downtown which I really liked, but again, it's only the second place i've looked at. I have a couple more places I'm interested in.. namely the Sheraton downtown, Westin Riverwalk, and I just heard something about the Ybor Historic Society garden? Problem is I can't find decent photos of any of these place to even know if like them enough to schedule an appointment. Does anyone have any photos of these places or have been to a wedding there and can describe them to me? I really HATE the beach (i know, weird), pastels make me sick and a sandy wedding gown does not appeal to me. FI and I are huge city slickers (he's recently moved from Boston) and we love the downtown area. PLEASE help me figure out other places I should check out. We are trying to keep the wedding in the $15k range but less would be WONDERFUL! ideas??? places not to go??? thanks ladies.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Going crazy..

• Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many people are you going to be having? I'm getting married at the Columbia Restaurant in Ybor. They have a little centennial museum (next door) that they use for banquets that I'm using for ceremony & cocktail hour then we are heading to the restaurant for the reception. It was probably one of the most budget friendly options we found that is also beautiful. I was like you and totally against the idea of a beach wedding. I'm sure the girls on here will also have some ideas. Laughing
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    NicoleB331NicoleB331 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also wanted to add you might want to consider hiring a wedding planner so they can help you coordinate your entire wedding. It might relieve some of the stress.
    Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.-Voltaire image
  • Options
    jtritchjtritch member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We looked at the Sheraton Riverwalk, and liked everything about it except a location for the ceremony.  They built a fairly new ballroom that is right on the river that holds 150+, but they have the oval shaped ballroom still that is gorgeous for smaller parties.  The prices were not shocking, but it is a hotel so there are a lot of both pros and cons to that. 

There is also the Don Vicente in Ybor that I really liked, but didn't necessarily want a wedding in Ybor on a Saturday night.   Other options are the Cuban Club, The Tampa Club (on top of the Bank of America building downtown), and the Marriott Waterside. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011

the tampa club sounds cool but again i cant find like any photos. ugh.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    rehbkm2wedrehbkm2wed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about the Embassy suites downtown or the Marriott?  I haven't looked at those places, but they are in a great area! Good luck with the venue search! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    thanks everyone, i can always count on you girls.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards