South Carolina

Atlanta bride geting married in Hilton Head!

I have my heart set on a beach wedding but I don't want to have to drive far or fly. All my family and friends live in Atlanta also I figure Hilton Head would be perfect. However I am having the hardest time finding a hotel that isn't expensive, has an outdoor/beach site and lots of activities to do that my guests won't be bored or have to empty their wallets for. I am only having about 20-30 guests if everyone I invite can make it. I don't know what the seasons are like there so any suggestions on where and what time of year is also much appreciated.

Re: Atlanta bride geting married in Hilton Head!

• edited December 2011
    I love the Hilton Head, Fripp, Edisto Island chain! My FILs have a place in edisto and we go every year in October. The weather in Sept & Oct is good. Sept and the first week of October are good around there because there is usually less rain and its still warm but not freakin' hot!

Hilton Head will def. have more stuff to do but because it is well known it is more expensive. Look into other islands like Fripp and Edisto. They have rental houses instead of hotels. There is less to do; however it is a lot cheaper!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    Hey There! Congratulations!! I am getting married on HHI on September 23rd! I agree with the PP both September and October are great!!

Have you thought about renting a home and doing a beachfront ceremony? We have found it is cheaper and will allow a place to hang out with your bridal party and may be more conveinent. Let me know if you need any help, havent planned a ton, but am open to help if needed!!
  • edited December 2011
    I've been going to Hilton head every year since I was a child. I would say that May is a GREAT time on the island, not too hot, but not too cold. And less crowded. The weather on the island can be very unpredictable as tehre are often little rain showers, so just make sure you have a backup plan or ceremony site. I've been looking into rental places but I need some suggestions or websites that have great houses to rent with a space for reception.
  • AdelphiTNAdelphiTN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi I'm getting married there at the Dunes House in Palmetto Dunes. it's a cute, casual little beachy joint with a giant deck right next to the Marriot. We're renting condos in Ocean Cove for most of us - cheaper than hotels and houses. There's a free shuttle that runs over to Shelter Cove Marina.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards