Wedding Woes
Options

s/o birth stories

C&P.  I had to add paragraphs.

DH and I had another argument about this last night... He still thinks I'm overreacting and I think he's lucky I didn't freak out on him. Am I crazy or is this a really big deal?

When I was in labor all family stayed away except FIL who we are in no way close to. He just decided to show up for some reason. I wasn't real thrilled about that. (He's also only visited to see LO 2 times since she was born and lives an hour away.)

Right after I give birth and everything is cleaned up FIL and wife come into the room to see LO. I was still not thrilled that they were even there. I felt this was a special time for my new family and really wanted people to wait until the next day to visit. Well FIL kept insisting to take DH out to dinner RIGHT after I gave birth! DH said he shouldn't a couple of times and then caved and went out to eat!

I had a somewhat traumatic delivery, they took baby to make sure everything was fine with her, and DH goes out to eat?! I sat in my delivery room alone for the next hour crying because I had all these new, strange emotions and was all alone. I think I'll always hold a grudge against DH and more so FIL (he's very selfish and things have to go his way) for going out to eat right after I gave birth. I just don't get it. Eat a fucking sandwich and hang with your wife who just had your baby!!!

So....am I justified or am I making this a bigger deal than it is?  Thanks ladies. I don't hold many grudges but I still find this unbelievable. 

Re: s/o birth stories

• Options
    OP, I'm sorry you're going through a hard time (or went through, and can't forget about? not sure). It's very easy to feel vulnerable and lonely in this situation. I would be the same way (although I don't expect this to happen to me). I would jump out of that bed and drop kick FI's ass if he tried to leave right after I delivered his child. Sadly, this is something you will probably never forgive, or forget. Don't spend time questioning it, it will just force you to think about it more than you need to. There's nothing you can change about it, so maybe you should talk to H, tell him how you feel, and move on. You'll probably regret it and blame yourself if you let this affect your entire marriage.

Good luck in marriage & life.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards