Ohio-Columbus
Options

Oh no! :-(

I have MAJOR dress envy.  I know, I know.  Once you find a dress- stop looking!  (Just like you stop going to single bars when you find the one.)  But I was on recycled bride looking for other stuff, and this dressed popped up.  It is actually really similar to mine, but just a little more simple/elegant.  Now I feel like mine has way too much embroidery and beading.

I REALLY want to buy it (they have a new with tags one in my size on preownedweddingdress.com for $500!), but I think it would really hurt my mom's feelings because we picked out the original together.  That, and she would think it was a COMPLETE waste of money.

My Dress

The dress I want:

And another angle/different girl

Someone please bring me back to my senses.
imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Oh no! :-(

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like yours better.  I loooove your sweetheart neckline for one. And, I adore the detail along the hem of your dress.

I had major dress envy after I bought mine as well.  Honestly, it happens to everyone.  Have you been able to try your dress on again to remind you why you loved it originally?  That's what helped me get through my dress envy.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YOU LOOK AMAZING!!! I also love the sweetheart neck line and you look amazing in that dress, don't switch it!! just burn those pictures out of your brain.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly, other than the neckline I think they look almost identical! lol

And I love the neckline on yours so much more than the other!!
  • Options
    lyssa5966lyssa5966 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm one who will vote for the simple and elegant most any day, but I must say in this case I prefer your beading, etc over the simple and elegant. I love the neckline and you look stunning in this dress!

I had the same kind of thing after I bought mine because I lost  a significant amount of weight and then began to wonder if I would look better in some of the others now that I am thinner. But I have to remember what I loved about mine and remember once it's altered for me it will be perfect again!
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't be a second dress bride. You look great in the one you have. And like you said, your Mom might be hurt that you changed your mind.

And besides, you will look completely different once you have your hair done, make-up on and accessories. Don't worry, you will be a gorgeous bride on your wedding day.
  • Options
    AjoydAjoyd member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am with PPs, your dress is beautiful! I much prefer the sweetheart neckline and the detailed hem.
    Married my love 8-25-12 TTC #1 since September 2012. BFP 2-2-13. photo 455d4bc3-3623-4c16-8dd1-1fbc7e99e147.jpg BabyFruit Ticker My BFP Chart
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    sorry girl your's looks better....so I guess you can stop fretting now!
    imageimage

Sept 2011 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Ceremony Photo Anniversary

~~Planning~~

~~FOR SALE~~
  • Options
    jnkreagerjnkreager member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh my gosh, you girls are the best!  Thank you so much; I am feeling A LOT better now.  And I think we are all allowed to have minor freak-outs along the way so best to get mine over with now ;-).
    imageDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Glad we could help.....but trust me, it will not be the last minor freak out you have ;-)
  • Options
    leelee5678leelee5678 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yours is much better! The second dress to me is a basic dress you see everywhere. Yours is a classic, elegant look. Much more character =)
  • Options
    Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You look fabulous in your dress! I am glad to know that a lot of people have those moments though where they question their choice!  I had one too :)  Glad everyone here could help you out!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    GIRL!  I love your dress WAY more than the other one.  Just relax, maybe go try it on again and I'm sure you'll fall right back in love ;)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    what????? why would you trade a dress that you look amazing in. I ALMOST got a different dress, and when I Tried MY dress on I was sort of disappointed because I ordered from an over seas place & it wasn't the david's bridal dress then I originally fell in love with but now that I had it fitted oh my god I would have kicked my self if i got the other. I never realized how much I hate pickups lol.  think you should stick with it. it look great!!!!!!!!
    image handsome boy modeling school was the best 60 dollars I ever spent. If it wasn't for handsome boy modeling scholl I would not be the modle I am today.
  • Options
    Brit12Brit12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I actually like yours better!
  • Options
    osuchica85osuchica85 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your dress better too.
  • Options
    BCsGalBCsGal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I like your original better too! :)
    Christina & Brandon - August 7, 2010 Anniversary
    My Planning Bio | My Married Bio | FOR SALE!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards