South Asian Weddings
Options

overestimated head count.

so did previous brides have an issue of overestimating the guaranteed head count for your wedding?  did you guys get reimbursed or just have to take a loss?

Re: overestimated head count.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    The minimum head count that you promised your venue is usually in your contract that you signed. It ties into a guarantee for the venue to make a certain amount of money. If you are below that, then it's usually "too bad" since you have a signed contract and will not be reimbursed.

I'd suggest taking a look at your contract and doing the math yourself - take the minimum number of people and the price per person and see if it equals the minimum amount of money the venue is guaranteed to received. Sometimes, but not always, these do not match and you might be OK if you have a lesser headcount but you've made the minimum amount due to the venue.
    ExerciseMilestone
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you sign the contract they will make you stick to it! We did 350 as the base line. As you can see we invited 580 and so we should make it to the number, but I just wanted to make sure I had enough people guaranteed so she wouldn't book out any other part of the ballroom. It's the same as the minimums. This is their way of making extra money sometimes.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards