Ohio-Cincinnati
Options

honeymoon

Where are all you girls going for honeymoon? Is it best to leave Monday after a Saturday wedding? and who is your travel agent in Cincy area? do you recommmend?

thanks guys! My fiance and I are sooo ready to book something fun after the stress of school, work, and planning! Our honeymoon will be in May!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: honeymoon

• Options
    Tuesday actually tends to be a cheaper day to fly than those. We are doing a few day trips because we have a few weddings to go to next year so we are saving money. If you look into a travel agent, just make sure to do your research well.
  • Options
    We are going to St. Lucia.  We're going for 8 days and leaving the day after our wedding.  My grandma has a friend who works for the Travel Authority in Marimont.  We used her - didn't really feel like trying to plan something else.  Her name is Lynn Neuhaus.
  • Options
    clearheavensclearheavens member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its Combo Breaker
    edited September 2012
    We went on a cruise with Royal Carribean to the Western Caribbeans and it was a lifetime experience.  We went to Costco and got a travel brochure, and saved a lot of money.

DH and I had gone backpacking in Europe before where we had to plan each train ride, each hotel, each day's itinerary, and it was 10x more planning work as well as some uncertainty (i.e. plans in the air) at times.  We absolutely love Europe but decided it's more of a trip, not a vacation if you know what I mean.

For honeymoons, newlyweds deserve to relax and to enjoy each other, so I recommend cruises for honeymoons because planning a wedding takes all your time already.
    Follow Me on Pinterest

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options

We are staying at The Royal Cancun for 6 nights, and are leaving on a Monday (married on Sat). I've heard so many people say it's best to take the day after the wedding to unwind, open gifts, spend time with OOT guests, etc. We will be back Sunday and luckily, that Monday is memorial day, so we will have that day off to unwind as well. :)
    Our travel agent is Carrie Minton... Her email is Carrie@cruise800.com (despite the email address, she does more than cruises!) Good luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

We just booked ours last week.  We are going to Riviera Maya, Mexico for 7 days.  It was actually cheaper to leave on Sunday when we finally booked.  We are staying at an all-inclusive adult only resort called Catalonia Royal Tulum.  I don't really like cruises, I don't feel they are very relazing and there are just too many people crammed into a cruise ship so its hard to find privacy outside your shoebox room.  I can't wait to relax all day and be able to go to dinner whenever we want, just an overall stress free romantic honeymoon!!

• Options
    While our dream honeymoon is to go to France and other European locales, it's not possible since we'll be paying for the wedding ourselves.  We're planning to head to New England and take in the sites.  We'll save the big trip for another time.  At this point we just want to be able to get away from everything and be by ourselves for a few days.  
  • Options
    We're leaving at 3pm on Sunday, the day after the wedding.  We'll have time to enjoy a nice brunch at the hotel with our OOT guests and friends/family.  We're headed to Playa del Carmen, an all-inclusive Iberostar resort (Grand Paraiso) - not coming back until the next Sunday....and we took that Monday off of work:)

If it makes you feel better to speak with someone over the phone or in person, go for it.  I found the research process to be really fun because my fiance and I are Trip Advisor die-hards.  We had a great time reading reviews and making our own decision from there!  Good Luck!
  • Options
    We are leaving at 6:30 a.m. the Monday after our Saturday wedding. FI did not want to go to the beach, so we are going to do four days in Napa and two days in San Fran. I am looking forward to all of the wine! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We went to Maui!  We got married on Saturday and left for our honeymoon on Sunday morning.  Looking back now, I really wish we would've been able to leave on Monday instead.  Our work schedules just didn't allow it, though.  Leaving the day after is very stressful and you feel really rushed, but by the time we got to Maui it didn't matter!  IMO, just do whatever works best for your schedules and your budget.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    We went to Riviera Maya Mexico and stayed at Secrets Maroma Beach. We got married on a Saturday and left for the HM the very next day on an early flight. I wouldnt have had it any other way - I loved feeling like we got to jet off on our romantic HM as soon as we became husband and wife. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Thank you girls for all the input! def a lot to think about! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards