Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

let's vote :)

I want a reception that would be like a night at The Glass Cactus at the Gaylord. I want people up and dancing and just a big party. I also want someone super reliable. We just started looking for a DJ and for my price range in previous post it looks like either Melodies and Memories or A music wave. So if you know about either who would you choose?
figuring it out as i go Wedding Countdown Ticker image 124 Invited so far!
image 105 (including 4 extra plus ones) Are ready to party!
image 9 Will be missing out!
image 14 Are making me slowy go crazy!
RSVP Date October 15th

Re: let's vote :)

• edited December 2011
    Ok, I don't know either of these but "up and dancing "was important to me and DJ Glenn Roush, Roush Production was the best vendor hire I made. He totally delivered!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Melodies and Memories and we are pretty disappointed with how it turned out, oddly enough considering everyone else raves about them.

"I want people up and dancing and just a big party."

This is what we wanted and didn't exactly get because of the music that was being played, not our choice.  Just make sure your ideas get through crystal clear no matter who you choose.  Also, I get that vendors are experts/knowledgable in their area but you know your people more than anyone.  Yes, they know a lot but so do you.  Don't forget that.  Sorry to blab on and give a speech :)
  • appletango85appletango85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That's exactly what I told my DJ and he totally delivered. Everyone is still raving how much fun they had and how much they danced.

Matt with Dj's of Dallas is who we used and he was fabulous! We only requested a few songs and everything else was him and it was exactly what I wanted. I know that doesn't help with the current people you are looking at but that's my experience :)

If you decide to contact him tell him Sam's niece Rachel referred you.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards