West Virginia

tell me about Martinsburg!

Hi ladies! I'm getting married in Martinsburg in May and have been there exactly twice. We chose it completely at random...nobody I know even lives in the state of West Virginia!

That said, tell me about Marinsburg (and the surrounding area)...

A great pizza place we need to check out?
A cool history tour we must tell our guests about?
A florist you used and loved (or even liked!)?
A restaurant that would make a good rehearsal dinner spot?

ANY input is greatly appreciated! TIA!
gettin' hitched 05.04.13

Re: tell me about Martinsburg!

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_west-virginia_tell-me-about-martinsburg?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:132Discussion:936dc652-7677-4382-be8b-3912c253d61bPost:796509da-6f6d-48b0-8638-f1390532914e">tell me about Martinsburg!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies! I'm getting married in Martinsburg in May and have been there exactly twice. We chose it completely at random...nobody I know even lives in the state of West Virginia! That said, tell me about Marinsburg (and the surrounding area)... A great pizza place we need to check out? A cool history tour we must tell our guests about? A florist you used and loved (or even liked!)? A restaurant that would make a good rehearsal dinner spot? ANY input is greatly appreciated! TIA!
    Posted by carpenters3[/QUOTE]

<div>I grew up in Martinsburg from the time I was 7 to when I was 18, so I've lived there a long time before my FH and I moved to the other side of the state with our son. That being said, I know quite a bit about Martinsburg. One of the little diners you much try is the the Blue and White Grill. It's a small mom-and-pop place near the library, but they have the best food. Martinsburg is nicely located near Harpers Ferry (John Brown, Civil War history, about 20-30 mins away), 2 hours from Baltimore, D.C., and Mt. Vernon (George Washington's house) 1 1/2 hours from Gettysburg (Civil War battlefield), and near Antietam (also Civil War battlefield, can't remember how far away). It's right on the border between West Virginia, Virginia, and Maryland so you can go shopping in all three states in the same day without a lot of travel time. The only florist I've ever had dealings with in Martinsburg was Flowers Unlimited when I got butteniers for my boyfriend (now FH) for prom and homecoming. They did beautiful work and were always easy to work with and decently priced. That's about all the help I can give you, so I hope it helps!</div>
  • Ledo pizza is a must....we love going out there just for that! Lemme know if you need any recommendations for DJs and yummy cakes!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards