July 2012 Weddings
Options

Card boxes

I am starting to think about our card box.  We will need a big one and I have not been able to find one big enough.  So I think I am going to have to DIY it.  Has anyone else made their own card box?  Please PIP so I can get some ideas.
Thanks!
Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Card boxes

• Options
    I think a few girls on here have, but you should also check out the DIY board. Girls are posting card boxes on there nearly everyday!

I am semi-DIYing ours. Our wedding theme is vintage travel, so we are just using a vintage suitcase that we'll prop open. I'm decorating the inside with bunting and fabric. I bought metal self-standing letters to make a little sign that says CARDS that will go by it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought three hat boxes from the Christmas Tree Shop and painted them silver and then used a glitter spray on it.  We are going to stack it and still decorate it.  Sorry I have no pictures yet :(.

Anniversary
  • Options
    One of my girls will make one with stacked boxes. We haven't really discussed this yet and I'm not too fussy about how it looks!
    doggie Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I bought stacked boxes from Hobby Lobby and am going to cover in blue satin...no pictures yet since it's still a work in progress
    Wedding Countdown Ticker weddingpreview
  • Options
    i found a few really cute birdcage ones on etsy...i showed one to fiance and he loved it so we will probably end up ordering one of those (since neither fiance or i are DIYers).
  • Options
    I don't have a pic of it yet we are actually thinking about nixing the whole idea of our card box and just get a already made one. We bought a 3D real working lighthouse and we were going to fake rocks and make it look like what you see in pictures and stuff, but our nephew ended up destroying the puzzle and we have to rebuild it and we are just getting bored with it so we probably might just nix the whole thing...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    owengirl996owengirl996 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm making our's...I bought a set of three tiered round boxes on Amazon. Our main two colors are fuchsia and orange, so I painted two fuchsia and one orange. It took 3 or 4 coats of tempera paint, but I think they look decent. I then went over them with mod podge. I was going to paint flowers on with stencils, but my practice one didn't turn out so great, so I nixed that idea. We still need to cut the openings. I also have ribbon to put around each one, and got some sparkly chipboard letters to use to spell "cards". I don't have a pic right now and I'm at work...but it's not done yet. Just imagine painted hat boxes lol
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    I made mine. It's not completely done yet (I need to add pictures and attach the lazy susan). There's going to be two baby pictures and "now" pictures. I might add ribbon to it, I'm not quite sure yet. I want to see what it'll look like with pictures first.

imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thanks!  I think we are going to go to Hobby Lobby this weekend and get some ideas.  We went to Michaels Frieday, but I usually don't find anything wedding related there.Thanks again for the suggestions!
    Cate Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards