Illinois-Chicago

Suggestions for 400 Person Wedding/Reception Venue in City

I know that questions of this type have been done to death, but I looked through past forums and couldn’t find exactly what I need… We are looking for a combined wedding/reception venue in the city that would hold around 400 people and will allow us to bring in our own catering/booze. Any suggestions? Also, if anyone has any info about the cost and what the space includes (chairs, tables, etc), if anything, that would be helpful, too!  Oh, and we were originally thinking of an outdoor space that fits all of the above criteria, but it seems like everything I find is through the Park District and therefore has vendor restrictions. Anyone know of other options? Indoor or outdoor is fine, ultimately, but I’d love to have options!  Thanks in advance!

Re: Suggestions for 400 Person Wedding/Reception Venue in City

• Golfer09Golfer09 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was talking with my cab driver who mentioned that his daughter's wedding had 700 ppl and he held it at the UIC pavilion. He was able to select his own caterer.  Other ideas include Drury Lane in Oakbrook.
    Our wedding SDE: Our wedding Feature: PW=demo
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know of any in the city, but I know Mayslake Peabody in Oak Brook can handle that many people and you can bring in your own catering and liquor.
     No preferred list so you can bring in who you want. That was very attractive to me.  I liked Oak Brook because it is centrally located and lots of hotels close by to choose from.

You have to get a one day liquor license from Oak Brook and you must get an insurance policy through your caterer naming them as the only beneficiary for the day. Those 2 items cost me an extra 250.00

We loved the venue for our September wedding it was gorgeous. We married in front of the chapel and had our reception inside the mansion.
    Good luck! www.mayslakepeabody.com
  • rpatel60281rpatel60281 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

River East Art Center is 390
    Chicago Cultural Center - Preston Bradley is 360, but the Yates is 400+
    Chicago Botanic Gardens - I am pretty sure that can fit over 350
    Salvage One - 350

Within the city it is really hard to find.  It seemed to me the cap was around 350, and even that is big.  If you want to have your wedding in the city you might have to shave some people off the list. 

Good luck and let me know what you find!

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Most hotels like the Drake and the Four Seasons can hold up over 500 people. Harold Washington Library and the Field Museum are other options. Both I dont know of any places with both indoor and outdoor space.

ETA: But hotels wont let you bring in your own catering or booze. Because that is where they make all their money.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards