September 2012 Weddings
Options

My Dress (panic/vent)

I did a wonderful thing last week and ordered my dress.  I've been searching for over a year, but still kept coming back to this one.  It is non-traditional (as is our wedding) so it was sent to our home instead of a shop.  I went out to check the mail and it is stuck!  (Mailboxes for our townhouses are not at the house. They are a tower every block, with large boxes at the bottom for packages.)  Well, it is here....but the key won't budge!!!!!!   I know it is safe, etc.  but I know it is right there and I want it safe in my house!  :-/  We just had a horrible mail experience over the holidays and this is not doing my nerves any good. 

I left a note for the carrier tomorrow to PLEASE bring the package to the house...and I planning on staying home until it is in my hands.

I know there is nothing logical to do....but logic is overridden by emotion when it comes to things for the wedding!!

I had to explain to Megan why I was so upset about this package (what it was) and she is sweet about it, but really doesn't get it.  (This is also the woman who said she would be perfectly happy wearing jeans on the beach  lol) 

I just needed a place to vent before I exploded all over the damn living room!
Thank you for not thinking i'm a total basketcase...too much.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Sept. 2013 Board Sig Challenge for March: Hair Inspiration

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

Re: My Dress (panic/vent)

• Options
    Oh no!  That's terrible!!!  I would be freaking out too! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You must have a big mail box or a small/not full dress for it to fit in a mail box!  I'd be freaking out too!!  Megan may not get it, but I DO!  I'd want the dress out of that box IMMEDIATELY!  You don't want it to wrinkle or get wet or anything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    OMG I would be freaking out too! I hope you get it out safely -- keep us updated!!
    September 2012: May Sig
    Honeymoon Location: Punta Cana, DR
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Oh no!! I hope you get it out soon!! Post pics when you get it out!! :)
    0403_0929W BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    smartlyprettysmartlypretty member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited January 2012
    Wait, so your key just won't open the lock? Like it won't turn? I CAN FIX THIS. Get yourself to home depot! Buy wd-40. Or a similar type of lubricant. Spray on your key and into the lock. Fixed :)
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    Thank you all!!  :-)

I have calmed down a bit, but am still very anxious to call the post office tomorrow. 

The dress is a princess-cut sheath, so it doesn't take a lot of space - prolly in a large priority box - and our mailbox tower has decent sized slots for each house and then a couple of larger boxes for packages, etc.  My dress is in one of the larger ones. BUT  I will have it out of there tomorrow, if i have to take hand tools and rip the door off!!!!!
    [/bridezilla]
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Big freeze curls framing my face like this; Inverted braid or Frech twist up the back. No flower. Veil attached to comb in the back at top of braid/twist.

• Options
    OH goodness!  You poor thing.  I don't blame you for freaking out and venting.  Please post pictures when it is safe and sound!
  • Options
    Wait, so what is actually stuck? I'm really confused. Is it the key itself or is the box itself stuck in the box? If the key won't turn- do what I said above. Or can you not fit the box out the hole they provided you?
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_dress-panicvent?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:5c62dfae-dbc8-4faf-ac8c-a8609cc5280dPost:55d4ccda-9b50-422c-9c9d-810f0d9d9c63">Re: My Dress (panic/vent)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wait, so what is actually stuck? I'm really confused. Is it the key itself or is the box itself stuck in the box? If the key won't turn- do what I said above. Or can you not fit the box out the hole they provided you?
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

<div>Ok I'm not the only one who's confused, lol.</div><div>
    </div><div>OP, I'd be freaking out too! Good luck, and I agree with PP's - we wanna see pictures when you finally get it!</div>
    Anniversary
  • Options
    "BUT  I will have it out of there tomorrow, if i have to take hand tools and rip the door off!!!!!
    [/bridezilla]"

So I just got the whole mental picture of this happening!!! Seriously made me laugh!!! Really hope you get it out of the post box soon and agree you need to post pictures when you do!!! Good luck

• Options
    Okay, so I FINALLY  have my dress at home, out of the box, tried it on, and it is hidden away before Megan gets home from work tonight!

Here is specifics of the mailbox issue:

The mailbox tower is 12 small boxes for our everyday mail (I live in a townhouse complex) and two large boxes at the bottom where they put packages, then leave that community key in your box...which is how you know you have a pkg).  So I put the key in the lock and it wouldn't budge.  Double checked the other box's lock to make sure they weren't frozen.  Went home to get WD40 and pliers (because my woman is amazing and was trying everything to keep me from  losing my mind).  Spent 15 minutes and all we did was bend the key. :-/
    Called the post office the next morning and explained what was going on.  The person they needed to come out was gone for the day, but sent him out to pop out the lock and bring me my package.
    I discovered later that day, via note from our carrier, that she had been on vacation last week and the sub didn't know that the one box (A) had been reported as broken and should've used the other one (B). 
    As of today, my dress is home safe and sound.  The mailbox in question has been set with a new lock.  And my stress level is significantly lower!!! 

Thank you all for letting me panic here.  :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards