Iowa-Des Moines

Registry question

Ok, I know its tacky to put registry info in the wedding invites (although my family and friends must be pretty tacky because its always been the norm in invites I have ever gotten, lol). Well, I registered at Younkers this weekend and they gave me these nifty little cards that tell our guests we are registered there and gives each guest 10% off anything they buy off our registry. I am not having a shower so I can't use these in those invites. Is it still tacky to put these in the invites? I hate to deprive people of 10% off because I am always looking for a deal! What do you think? I honestly don't think anyone in my family would find it tacky, maybe I should just send them to family only? I don't know
TTC #1 since Sept '09 Dx: Severe MFI/Azoo
IVF w/ICSI - 15R, 12M, 10F - transferred 2; froze 3
Beta #1 150 Beta #2 320
7/16 124 bpm (6w5d) 7/31 168 bpm (8w6d) 8/22 170 bpm (12w)
EDD 3/6/13
Our team green baby was a girl! Emma Lynn born 2/23/13
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
my read shelf:
Janelle's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)

Re: Registry question

• edited December 2011
    If you have received wedding invites from your family and that seems to be the norm, it would probably be fine to put those cards in for just your family. Especially because of the discount. In others, I would not put them in. Another idea is to give them to your FMIL and Mom and have them tell people where you are registered word of mouth and let family/friends know they have those. Just a random thought.
  • edited December 2011
    sorry, i have to stand firm that registry info in wedding invites is a no...this is something that can be spread via word of mouth. JMO though  
  • MrsEmJayMrsEmJay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hear ya on this one. Every wedding invite I've ever recieved has had registery info. Ultimately, I decided against putting any info in mine, and just had our wedding website address on the Map insert... and what do I get? Relatives calling me and asking why I don't have registry info in the invite lol. :) I don't have the heart to say "its an etiquitte no-no to do that" because I don't want to offend them when they've had it in thier invites, you know?Anyhow, all that jabber jawing from me and I don't really have any advice. The coupon delimma is interesting... pp idea of having your mom and fmil distribute is definitely an option.Good luck!
  • edited December 2011
    We put our registry info in small type on the hotel and map sheet.  We went back through our last few years of wedding invites and EVERY invitation had a reference to their registry.  I think people are accustomed to seeing it and find it helpful.  In the busy time of preparing for your wedding, fielding calls for where you're registered is probably the last thing you want.  Its all a matter of opinion though.  Do I think its bad etiquette... yes probably.  But we did it anyway :)  This probably isn't any help but its completely up to you what you decide and how you feel your guests would react.  Good Luck!
    Married 08.22.09 Ryan 01.07.2011
  • jobiannjobiann member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do what you think is right for you...I decided not to list my registry on the invitations, I simply listed our wedding website which lists where we are registered at.  Most guests will just assume where you are registered (Target, Younkers, Bed Bath & Beyond) and look you up that way, ask someone close to the family or just give cash.  So do what is comfortable to you.  I wasn't comfortable putting that on my beautiful formal invitations.  I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you.  =)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards