Second Weddings

SECOND WEDDING BUT NO CHILDREN.

Hello everyone....So I was married before and my fiance has never been married.  Neither of us have children.  Now, when I look up things for second weddings, it all involves children and how to get them involved with it all.  I can't find anything for when there isn't any children as far as etiquette.  I feel weird inviting alot of the same people I had for my first wedding.  My first time around was in 2004 and unfortunately I found out pretty much the day after that it wasn't right.  Now I get my do-over!!  And I'm excited about it.  I originally thought I'd want something smaller if I ever did it again, and now I've changed my mind :-((  Especially since my fiance hasn't gone through it.  It's kind of nice because I can do some things differently.  We are looking to do this hopefully June 12,2010 as soon as we decide between two halls. Any suggestions or advice would be greatly appreciated.Thanks in advance!!

Re: SECOND WEDDING BUT NO CHILDREN.

• edited December 2011
    Sono, I'm in the same boat you are and because this if FI's first and only wedding, I'm treating it as such.  We both deserve to celebrate the commencement of our lives together without the cloud of my 1st marriage hanging over our heads. The only acknowlegement whatsoever of my previous marriage in the ceremony is my decision not to have my dad walk me down the aisle and give me away.  He gave me away once already, the guy wasn't right for me, I took myself back, so I feel like having him give me away again is a bit silly.  On top of that, pledging my life to FI's is a decision I'm making as an independant, self reliant woman this time around, so I can get myself down that aisle, thankyouverymuch ;).One plus of this being the 2nd is that we're taking care of the cost and details ourselves.  Financially, it's a little stressful, but we get to call all the shots and nobody's mother is going to tell us what to do!  Congrats on finding true love and best wishes in all the planning and everything after!
  • edited December 2011
    I also am not having my father walk me down again.  I do feel a bit more liberated walking down by myself...  I was just afraid that my father and step-father would take offense to it.  I told my dad already and he was fine with it, now I just need to tell my stepfather.  The other thing I'm doing is instead of doing two full length father/daughter dances, I'm doing one song and having them switch half through the song.  I had thought of not doing it at all....but I caved and decided on the half and half.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards