Wedding Party
Options

Rehearsal Dinner

I know the wedding party attends rehearsal, and out of town guests if you choose, etc.  Well we chose to have just the wedding party attend.So, are Grandparents considered part of the wedding party?  My FI's one set of grandparents are not coming to the wedding at all and the other set just called to deny the rehearsal dinner invitation because they want to visit with out of town guests (I completely understand).  I just wonder if they are generally expected to be there?  In a general ceremony to they have a relevant part that they should be at rehearsal for?  (I have a call in to my officiant, just figured I would ask here while I wait!) Every one I have been to they have attended, this stuck me as a little odd.Thanks!

Re: Rehearsal Dinner

• Options
    Etiquette-wise, you should invite them. But an invite is not a subpoena, so if they can't make it then they can't make it. No big deal.
  • Options
    Grandparents and parents aren't in the wedding party, but you usually invite them to the RD anyway.  I don't think they are "expected" to be there.  If they declined, it's no problem, and being a smaller RD, no one will think about it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards