Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Ice Cream Sundae bar and yes Cake

Hi,Don't know why I thought of this but very open to opnions. A hotel event coordinator told me not to do favors and spend money on visuals and food. My thoughts are how about an ice cream sundae bar where my guests can to their own sundaes?  Just contacted Brewsters ice cream.  They are willing to do it and they will even allow us to create our own flavor.Thoughts...sound crazy or fun?Yes I will still have a wedding cake but I want people to stick around and enjoy the band we are hiring.BTW if you are looking for a good one check out Infinity show band.  Here is their link (they have video so you can hear and see them):http://www.infinityshowband.com/gallery.php
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Ice Cream Sundae bar and yes Cake

• Options
    I love the idea of a Sundae Bar :)
  • Options
    I love this idea...We wanted to do this, but our venue won't allow outside catering of any kind. Your guests will love it!
  • Options
    Hey I love that idea everyone likes ice cream. I was thinking of that idea myself. Sounds soooooo yummy.
  • Options
    I think a sundae bar would be great!  I agree that your money is better spent on food, desserts, and an open bar than on favors.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    I think it will be a great hit! Seriously, who wouldn't want to make a sundae?
  • Options
    Sundae bar would be fantastic.  If you can work out the logistics in terms of storing the ice cream and getting the venue to set it up even though it's outside catering, definitely go for it.(P.S. This is a national board, so vendor-specific recommendations and advice would be more useful on your local board.)
  • Options
    Thanks!  Thought this was the Atlanta board. Will re-post!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We are also having an ice cream sundae bar!  But no cake... I love the idea, b/c I am a huge ice cream fan!  It is different and fun!  I think it is extra rad that they are going to let you create your own flavor! 
  • Options
    Have you thought about the kind of flavor you are going to create?
  • Options
    No yet. Brewsters has many flavors to choose and combine so I have no idea yet. I do know I love their Birthday cake flavor.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Ice cream is always a good idea.
  • Options
    oOo maybe you can combine it with something else and call it "wedding cake" ;)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards