Maine
Options

No children at the wedding.... slight rant...

A lot of people see my point of view when I tell them this. I don't feel bad about it at all. I simply do not want to risk having crying babies or a bored kid talking over the officiant during our ceremony. It's not because I have a hate for children. I've just never been to a wedding where things have gone smoothly with kids involved-- mostly during the ceremony. I also see our wedding reception as a time for people to really party and enjoy themselves without having to keep an eye on on their children. ....so there is one person in my life that has an issue with this: My Mom's Older Sister. She's the bossiest, most demanding woman in my family. She asked if my cousins' children were invited and my mom stood up for me and said, "They're choosing not to invite children" and she goes, "Well, I just don't know WHAT B & I will do if they can't bring little S." I smiled and said, "Thankfully, they have plenty of time to figure it out, Anutie!" But all I wanted to do was say, "How about you stay home and babysit them?"

Re: No children at the wedding.... slight rant...

• Options
    Iris4700Iris4700 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not sure if this is a possibility, but we are hiring a baby-sitter and using the bridal get-ready-room (once im out of it, and our ceremony and reception are at the same place) for children during the ceremony and dinner portion of the reception. I just cant see giving up a chair in our small venue for someone's 5 year old and not getting to have a friend there that we wanted. Once dinner is over, parents can bring their kids in to dance, have cake, etc. so far people think its a good compromise for those who cant leave their kids at home.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards