Louisiana-Baton Rouge

Wedding Save the Dates

I know this has been posted a million times, but I do not have time to look through the old posts. I was wondering when is the appropriate time to send out save the dates. Our wedding is October 23, 2010. We have already booked our ceremony & reception location and some of the vendors. I designed the save the dates and am ready to go; just don't want to send them too early to or too late!TIA!

Re: Wedding Save the Dates

• edited December 2011
    Well, I designed them myself using photoshop with little time and they look great, so time really isn't an issue. Also, I'm getting them at cost because my dad owns a sign shop and I work for him so I am going to order them through a company and just pay what we pay for them. I really would like to think that whoever I send them to would put them somewhere like on their fridge, desk, etc. as a reminder not to make plans for that day until the invitation comes in and they can respond with whether they are coming or not for sure. I know some people will respond when I send the save the dates, like family, and others will wait to know for sure when the invitation comes out.I know everyone won't send out Save the Dates, but I think it is a nice heads up to people I do not speak to on an everyday basis, my parent's friends, and out of town family so they can make arrangements at work if they are planning on coming. I agree that being invited to a shower and then not being invited to the wedding is very rude. That is bad etiquette and I hope my friends and family would know that by receiving a save the date they are on the list to receive an invitation as well lol.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards