Iowa-Quad Cities

Salons for bridal hair/wedding party?

Looking for a salon that is good at wedding hair for myself and for my bridesmaids. I'm not making any of them get it done, but if they choose to I dont want them to have a pay alot. I'm looking for good quality....any ideas or recommendations would help?

Re: Salons for bridal hair/wedding party?

• edited December 2011

We are using John Taylor Salon (in Rock Island), and they are awesome! For the trial updo, it's $35, and they can skip that and just do $60 the day of. A couple of my girls went and took photos with them of how they wanted their hair to look, and the stylists did a fabulous job!

I am having them do my makeup, and they are great with that, too!
    www.johntaylordayspa.com

Good luck!

• edited December 2011
    My girls and I went to Suzanne & Co. in Davenport. It was such a wonderful stress free experience. We all had our hair and makeup done there, everyone was very kind and very professional. Suzanne has actually done hair and makeup for American Idol in the past, so trust me you're in good hands. Also, I wasn't charged for my "run throughs" for either hair or makeup and I thought that was really nice. I paid for my girls to have hair and makeup done and for my 4 girls and myself I paid right around $300 I believe. I know it's only $25 to have makeup done. I would strongly recommend Suzanne and her staff to any bride and bridal party. They also have a wonderful spa area and the day before my wedding I was able to have both a mani/pedi and a wonderful massage  Laughing
  • hz80408hz80408 member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

I'm also using John Taylor, as that's where I usually go for my hair.

Shangri La in Moline is also good.  I've heard tones of good things about William Wesley and als Five Star in Davenport but they're both more expensive I believe.

• mvh2010mvh2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am going to J Michaels Salon in Moline.  They are closed on every other Saturday so if your date is one of their "closed" days you can have the staff and the salon all to yourself!  I go there and highly recommend it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards