Iowa-Des Moines

Wedding Party Gifts

I know this has been asked so many times but I have no ideas. What are giving as gifts for your Host & Hostess and Guestbook?Thanks so much ladies!

Re: Wedding Party Gifts

• estrella27estrella27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm not...lol!  :)We're only giving gifts to the wedding party.  Plus we don't have a host/hostess.
  • edited December 2011
    If you're planning far enough in advance and it makes sense for your party, www.vinestowinesdm.com is a place you can make your own wine. We also found an online vendor to make the labels. We got started late, so our party won't be able to enjoy the wine for a few months after the wedding, but it has been fun!
  • edited December 2011
    Estrella27- Who are you getting gifts for? I guess I just assumed I was suppose to get gifts for everyone that had a role in the wedding. What is the proper etiquette? Thanks!
  • edited December 2011
    Flugulbinder- The wine website is great, thanks. I love the idea of making your own labels, what did you put on yours? What online vender makes the labels? Thank you!
  • estrella27estrella27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We only got gifts for the wedding party (maids, groomsmen) and ushers.I'm getting my personal attendant a little something, but that's it.  I'm not sure if it's proper etiquette, but we just can't afford to spend that much on gifts.  We're not doing favors either, instead making a donation to a charitable cause in honor of our wedding.We are getting flowers for those people at the wedding to call out their "specialness".  :)
  • edited December 2011
    We are having 2 host couples. They, as well as our pianist (who are all good family friends) are getting a bottle of wine with a bottle open, wine charms and a wine topper. You can get a bottle of wine for $10, the wine charms were found at a $1 spot, and the other items cost less than $10 together. So a little less than $20 makes a nice gift. My guest book attendant is my best friend since 1st grade and she is also performing a reading. I kept the wedding party to siblings, but if I had gone larger she would have been a part. She is getting pretty much the same thing my BM are.
  • edited December 2011
    We had coordinators so we didn't have to get gifts for host, etc.  But, we did get our readers and the ones who set our sand ceremony a gift...We just got the poem that was read framed...Cari, the one who did my invites came up with something to go with our theme, and it turned out beautiful...it is kinda hard to tell in the pics...HTHhttp://i29.tinypic.com/ftox7b.jpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards