Florida-West Coast
Options

bridal shower theme

I think we are going to do a honeymoon themed shower.  My FI and I have paid for our wedding and we want to take a nice vacation for our honeymoon, but can not afford both.  We have decided to take our registry down from BB&B.  I created a registry on the Sandals website and we are going to include the sandals registry card in the bridal shower invitations to let people know we are registered there.  We selected fun things that we want to do on our honeymoon and even selected different "trip contributions" ranging from $25-$200, so that everyone can afford to help us.  We are going to do a travel/beach theme for the shower and my mom and MOH are going to spred the word that we would like money to pay for our honeymoon.   

What do you all think of this?? 
Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: bridal shower theme

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I think its very creative and a great idea. GL!
  • Options
    ufsweetiebearufsweetiebear member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think it's a great idea!
  • Options
    babybchbumbabybchbum member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

While I think this is agreat idea for MOH and your bridesmaids to plan, I don't think it is a great idea for you to add stress you yourlife right now and try to plan your own bridal shower.

I may be old fashioned and stuck up about this, but while it is a shower FOR you, it is not FOR YOU TO PLAN! Generally speaking they are supposed to be a surprise adn a "gift" of sort to you from your bridal party.

EDIT: Planning your own Bridal shower is like throwing your own baby shower.. it says "Give me gifts"

• Options
    sunnii24sunnii24 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am not throwing my own bridal shower.  My mom and MOH have asked me what I wanted and I told them.  They are doing everything else.  I just said a date and time and where I have been registering.  I informed them that I want help paying for our honeymoon since we are paying for everything and we do not have a honeymoon right now.
    Happy Planning, ~Sunnii24~ Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi
    I own my own dessert business named Sun Baked LLC and would love to make your wedding cake or shower cake for a great price!
    My fondant or buttercream cakes start 2.50 per person... If you have a cake in mind email me the picture and I will let you know how much it will cost to create it for you. I also do cocktail party catering if you were thinking of doing a lighter dinner for your guests.
    Thank you,
    Tina Morley
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi Tina,

Please read TK community rules regarding vendor posts on community boards.  I have sent you a PM to read.  Thanks!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards